Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amaroq

11-09-2012

I know I'm going to get downvoted to hell for disagreeing with most of you, but I personally hate these changes.

After playing for a while, I decided to main jungling as a position, and I loved it, but with these changes, my Nautilus, Nocturne, and Hecarim jungling are ruined. One of the biggest reasons is this:

Quote:
•Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
To my understanding, this kills leashing, which will make jungling pretty much impossible for Nautilus, since he needs an early blue in order to have mana for the other mobs. Now, since leashing isn't possible anymore and Nautilus has very low early game damage, he will be unable to clear his camps, and the same goes for Nocturne. This is especially true because the mobs now do more damage, which will break Naut's shield, making him completely useless. I have more to say, but I have to go right now.

Roit, I know you meant well, but I think jungling just died.

Downvote me all you want,
Zephyr

Fiestero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

@Statikk --> info about Tryndamare please.

Demon blade missis his jungle, and i miss him

DuskDodgers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Awesome, I like most of the changes although the leashing is going to be different now

Bu Gao Xing

Master Recruiter

11-09-2012

Statikk, while all of this sounds amazing, I fear you have created more work for Buffmeplz and Kiddington.
In Coop vs AI, if someone wanted to practice jungling, it leaves someone else to deal with a 1v2 lane. This isn't a normal problem as long as the jungler came for an early gank to get them an early advantage. I fear there will be no hope of a jungling bot now. You should go apologize

uberfamous

11-09-2012

What about Rammus? He has a really slow clear time in the current jungle, and as a relatively avid Rammus player i fear for his future.

Corefish

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lackyoshi View Post
How is this going to affect kayle jungle! Will she be able to clear camps faster and become a more aggressive junger with the new jungle items?
The cool thing about Kayle, and I'm basing this off of the Riot posts I read already, is that her ability has a splash effect. Meaning she will be doing full AA+e to the large minion, and the splash will end up killing the smaller minions. I feel like Jungle Kayle will be pretty good with the new changes.

Junkie Cosmonaut

11-09-2012

Champions I'm worried about: Renekton & Shyvanna, Irelia, and Lux

Renekton and Shyvanna both seem like they'd just destroy any other jungler after this update. They both have a strong AoE ability, some defense shredding, a strong single target nuke, and survivability to boot. Couple that with being able to just forgo blue buff early and not feel devastated, I'm worried that these two will just devour the jungle faster than they really should be allowed to(quick aoe for smalls and chow the big one down with Q's).

Is Irelia viable to jungle again? After her hits to sustain, her jungling capability died with it. Any changes incoming to make her a possibility in there again?

And Lux is my favorite "Suprise!" jungler by far; her AoE skills and CC make it so she can clear jungle with a bit of smart kiting and ability management. However, since her kit isn't exactly tailored to jungle, I'm a bit worried as to how well she'll fare now that her AoE skillset won't be as effective as it currently is(which only really starts to shine when she starts ganking)

ihatenonsmokers

11-09-2012

jungle morgana

TheMask336

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrWestWind View Post
I know I'm going to get downvoted to hell for disagreeing with most of you, but I personally hate these changes.

After playing for a while, I decided to main jungling as a position, and I loved it, but with these changes, my Nautilus, Nocturne, and Hecarim jungling are ruined. One of the biggest reasons is this:
To my understanding, this kills leashing, which will make jungling pretty much impossible for Nautilus, since he needs an early blue in order to have mana for the other mobs. Now, since leashing isn't possible anymore and Nautilus has very low early game damage, he will be unable to clear his camps, and the same goes for Nocturne. This is especially true because the mobs now do more damage, which will break Naut's shield, making him completely useless. I have more to say, but I have to go right now.

Roit, I know you meant well, but I think jungling just died.

Downvote me all you want,
Zephyr
yep this just killed jungleing all together for most champs

ClubThoseSeals

11-09-2012

Nicely done, Riot. Did I just say that?