Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JA5ON

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

this is just retarded take the dam leash thing off.. like wtf is the problem with them chasing the original attacker?!!?!?!?!?

Negi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

With this update, does this mean you won't be able to jungle with alot of champions if you have a team who does not help you with initial jungle (this happens quite often for me)? And also, since they do more damage, does this mean denying a jungler of a buff, such as Amumu of blue effectively shuts him out? This is because he requires mana sustain, and without blue his jungle clear is slow. And since jungle scales in HP and damage faster, will he just fall behind?

Along with this, one more thing. How is Shaco affected by this? He can have one of the earliest ganks, will this affect him in how fast he can gank?

DeathScythe73

11-09-2012

Hey Statikk,
I was wondering How Jungling new champs like Elise will fair in the new jungle. I bought Elise after seeing the champ spotlight Finally hoping to have a new different High skill cap jungler. At the moment though Her base stats are terribly low. With a relatively low base health and regen even in spider form she clears the jungle quite slow and takes so damage even though she is supose to be tankier in spider form. If i get counter jungled by a champ like Udyr or Shyvana im literally screwd since leveling up elise is crutial to make her viable at all and without some form of extra movement speed she can follow up on hardly anything after rappeling. I feel that Elise and other champs like Rengar Khazix and Diana are just so much better at laning that theres no point in jungling them anymore which makes me very sad because im tired of jungling the same old Maokai Shyvana ect. Im hoping that with the new items and such like you have said will open up jungling again to these sort of champions

Burkonius

11-09-2012

Statikk is this still only internal testing for the new jungle or is it on PBE yet? It didn't seem like it was on PBE, if that being the case when will it be on PBE?

Phlyn

11-09-2012

Statikk

have you guys considered how removing leashes and forcing "hard leashes" which aren't that common at lower elos has an unbalancing effect between blue and purple?
most junglers start blue. blue side gets top lane dps and mid just leashes (this will need to become actual dps which i've never seen before)

purple gets support mid and ADC dps which is more often going to give you an actual hard leash.

regardless of the frequency of actual leashes. Purple gets a better leash no matter what due to ADC AND support help.

Brownie42

11-09-2012

So you made the jungle not suck?

Good job, only took a few years and a designer specifically tasked to the jungle.

ìćęŃ

11-09-2012

Excellent. I never accepted the Season 2 jungle play style the moment I seen the new thing was to buy gp10s and just camp lanes with Tanky CC champions. What cheese... Wine please? I have always been an Assassin/AD player mainly so this is great.

Rhinogator

11-09-2012

So this is going to be my first ever post on the forum. I really enjoy playing (and play almost exclusively) Tanky junglers that rely on AOE clears. Nautilus, amumu, skarner are 3 top examples. So, i guess with the new jungle changes with aoe nerf and more monster damage Nautilus for one is going to get annihilated. Although these champs all scale very well with experience and gold, I fear their viability is going to be hurt significantly in the early game. They are also extremly buff reliant in the jungle, and with no way to leash now, i do not see any of these tanky junglers take down the buff camp without a much higher commitmend from teammates.

Just some concerns, hopefully they get addressed. There is no way for me to go through 95 pages so my apologies if these points have been mentioned and beat to death already.

Zrze

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purellow1016 View Post
Im afraid of hecarims level one clear D:
Why?

Averath

11-09-2012

Considering the increased damage from the jungle, it's a safe wager to say that most champions will likely return to the armor+5 potion start due to the increased safety and sustain, opposed to Boots+3 pots.

Do you foresee Hunter's Machete being potentially stronger than the armor+5 pots build, or just an alternative? Are there any champions where Hunter's Machete would be a poor choice as a starting item, opposed to armor?

Also, how is J4 looking in the new jungle?