Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MetaI Gear

11-09-2012

PLEASE talk to us about how Kha'Zix and Rengar are doing in the new jungle. Kha'Zix just seems like he was completely forgotten since he was released (...And probably a bit forgotten before he released. If he upgrades E he won't even be in range for the healing explosion from W for goodness sake.... That just seems like he wasn't properly tested before he was released. I'd like to know he is being looked at for the new jungle considerations)

Negi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

With this update, does this mean you won't be able to jungle with alot of champions if you have a team who does not help you with initial jungle? And also, since they do more damage, does this mean denying a jungler of a buff, such as Amumu of blue effectively shuts him out?

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumos View Post
So basically you reverted to S1 jungle and made the game more ****ing boring by eliminating skill. Eliminate ganks, mid managing time to farm other areas, and kiting. Neat, love a more generic game that always goes to mid/late game.

Idiots
Stacking Gp5 items on tank/aoe junglers was fun and required skill?

Samflash3

11-09-2012

Can poppy shine in this jungle? Especially with this new item

Azrayel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I'm sorry, all I took from that was "Jungling is too easy, so we're making it harder. And because we're making it harder, we're making it easier."

Dragull2

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
Jax is actually already OP in the top lane.
All that is holding him back are Shen, Singed and Malphite. 3 hard counters to him that are currently also some of the best top laners
But with weaker defensive items, some of them will get weaker. Jax doesn't need these defensive stats. And his trades early are strong enough.
=> Jax will get stronger top and in the jungle

I don't actually understand why Jax still has the 25% AOE dmg reduction on his E. It was give to him when his R didn't give defensive stats, cause he was too squishy. Then The HP and R got changed that he got pretty strong again (best 5 top laners). So why was this not removed?
Jax usually performs just fine against Shen...

Agree with the damage reduction thing. Why the hell his defensive power is (MUCH) higher than a full tank, wtf?

The Star of Hope

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
I feel Fiora is significantly weaker than Jax in the jungle.

She has no AoE at all so the smaller monsters are a non-trivial time sink for her. Her resilience is much lower considering she only gets to negate 1 attack as opposed to the many Jax dodges at each camp. Additionally her ganks are significantly less scary due to no CC.
Not to mention Jax's basic stats and progression with level are great, more health, armour, and damage, with only slightly worse attack speed.

Batgirl

11-09-2012

The first thing that came to mind when I heard about more champions being able to jungle effectively was Irelia. I love the hell out of that champion but run into getting camped top lane more often than not when I play her. So I'm happy about the possibility of less bush camping, etc., but it begs the question of if she is a potential jungler now? She will obviously always be superior top lane, but with her true damage, a gap closer, some sustain and some cc when ganking, all coupled with there being more gold available in the jungle to help her keep up... Unless I'm missing something, it seems like she'd work alright. Thoughts?

Fisherman Fizz

11-09-2012

Have the changes to jungle (mainly wraiths) affected which mid laners tend to work well now?

Lapakaa

11-09-2012

Warwick is BACK! hahaha