Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tetriscles

11-09-2012

All this is nice, but counter jungling is going to be annoying, people like nunu will buy wards, or support will invest on wards to ward enemy jungle because one will be clearings camps pretty low health and since the possibility of early ganks are low in lane, no need to invest on those wards there. Pretty sure if these are the exact changes jungling will be a hassle role, yeah it brings more competitiveness but yet makes the game slow pace and a battle of counter junglers.

Dragull2

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by John2020 View Post
Are Twitch and Evelynn still viable in the new jungle?
It's not like they are any good right now, so....

IS18595c50fc785a73f8bbb

11-09-2012

@Statikk

As a high elo Shaco player (Perfects EUW) I am wondering if the new jungle allows for Shaco to still be viable, or increase the already huuge skill cealing even more?
As you know junglers like Shaco are just as much depending on denying the enemies as getting kills, will that be able in the new jungle? And how about his counterjungling capabilities? I'm thinking they will grow even more, as enemies gets lower in the jungle?

I hope for an answer as I am very anxious and excited for the new changes, yet kinda scared what it will do to my main.

SwampRatKing

11-09-2012

For the most part, I rather like the direction that this change is heading. However, I have some concerns about possible game balance.

First, by having the jungle creatures target the nearest opponent, we are removing the ability for mid lane to "leash" the monster. This could prove to be very problematic for off-junglers who really need the aid and damage from mid and top during those two to three seconds that the golem is leashed.

Second, I'm worried that these changes may also take some junglers back out of the game. Specifically, Sejuani. Most of what she has going for her is that ability to deal damage to all of the creeps in the jungle and her single target jungling ability is not so strong. Secondly, successful build for sejuani rarely incorporate much more than beefiness. What is going to be done to keep junglers that build tanky and deal AOE (Malphite, Sejuani, Maokai, Nautilus) in the game?

WhySheCries

11-09-2012

Will jungle Leona be doable? She already had a slow clear time but great ganks. I know its not a common jungler but I've had success with her and wondering if I still will be able to jungle Leona.

RK PowerTrooper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I'm interested to see how this will effect Shen's jungling. Keep up the good work~!

RealBlackgatomon

11-09-2012

Kayle is my main Jungler...
These changes seem to harm something kayle.
I worry that these changes can not Kayle Jungler or make it remain even weaker in the jungle.
Or think Kayle make any changes or items that allow Kayle Jungler remain or even make it more viable as a jungler?

Han Yolo Que

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
  • Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
GG no more leash

Akumos

11-09-2012

So basically you reverted to S1 jungle and made the game more ****ing boring by eliminating skill. Eliminate ganks, mid managing time to farm other areas, and kiting. Neat, love a more generic game that always goes to mid/late game.

Idiots

Killadev

11-09-2012

Good bye Maokai, Skarner, Alistar, Amumu, and any tanky junglers.