Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peter Woelfgang

11-09-2012

So how is morde in the jungle, if he does well do you see him getting more play?

Samflash3

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
I feel Fiora is significantly weaker than Jax in the jungle.

She has no AoE at all so the smaller monsters are a non-trivial time sink for her. Her resilience is much lower considering she only gets to negate 1 attack as opposed to the many Jax dodges at each camp. Additionally her ganks are significantly less scary due to no CC.
But But But Phreak plays her as a jungler. Now what? Have i been lied to this whole time

Vendetta312

11-09-2012

How will Amumu be? It seems he would suffer a lot, not having sustain and being mainly focused on aoe dmg.

TOP Ares

11-09-2012

shouldnt u make also a new item for junglers like maokai, amumu , skarner , etc since u decided to make them weak as junglers in the new season? coz with this new jungle u will just make them a poor decision as junglers, and then the role as jungle will be for single target champs and then junglers like mao,amumu, etc will stay in the shadows as the single target did before

shouldnt u balance both to make them viable for jungle and not only make single target dominate jungle , just make viable both single target and aoe champs

Murpy

11-09-2012

My poor little hecarim!

TheOnlyGBeast

11-09-2012

So does this mean that leashing is going to be impossible now?

Dragull2

11-09-2012

wtf, now you want to reduce the junglers ganking power?

Wasn't that the reason Clairvoyance was nerfed in first place?

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-09-2012
25 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albireo View Post
How are the new items going to impact in lane?

Because, meanwhile i'm happy to see new ap jungle items, i feel it could break mid lane, as the state is it now, like wriggles is still a strong pick in top lane for brusiers (even if is not that common in competitive play)

Or make huge part of even more early dragon pressure due the mid laner can now, contribute with the jungler who already have a wriggles to stack damage, and make something like a 2 man, lvl 5 dragon or something like that.
We tried to ensure that jungle items were non-optimal to laners. This doesn't mean that there's no possibility that someone may buy the AP Spirit Stone mid lane to help farm wraiths or do fast Dragons and Barons. We're open to the possibilities and will address problems only if they are actual problems.

Xyltin

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Jax is actually one of the champions I feel has possibly become overpowered with the changes.

He has strong clearing speeds (Counter Strike for AoE and Empower and his passive for single target) and decent resilience (Counter Strike dodging) in the jungle. His ganks are scary because of Leap + Counter Strike stun. He also scales monstrously with the increased gold for later game.

We're monitoring him very closely.
Jax is actually already OP in the top lane.
All that is holding him back are Shen, Singed and Malphite. 3 hard counters to him that are currently also some of the best top laners
But with weaker defensive items, some of them will get weaker. Jax doesn't need these defensive stats. And his trades early are strong enough.
=> Jax will get stronger top and in the jungle

I don't actually understand why Jax still has the 25% AOE dmg reduction on his E. It was give to him when his R didn't give defensive stats, cause he was too squishy. Then The HP and R got changed that he got pretty strong again (best 5 top laners). So why was this not removed?

Rawburrtt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I really don't like this. To be completely honest. Feel like I'm just not going to jungle as much as I did before. Granted, wasn't much. However, it just seems a bit more stressful of a job now.