Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Injusto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Hunter's Machete...
Why do I like the sound of that?

Mr Ratz

11-09-2012

They sound like good changes. I am curious to see if people will find a way to still exploit blue side golems early on...

Drunut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Does the new Aggro for jungle camps make 'pulling' buffs useless unless someone besides the Jungler tanks it?

When playing mid, I like to pull blue and make the pathfinding have Blue buff switch left and right, not attacking the jungler. While the Jungler doesn't take much damage, you start out behind in CS and XP when you get to lane, so I thought it was a balanced option as a player.

Will the new Jungle invalidate 'pulling' without having a player tank a buff, and therefore push out several junglers with weak early games that need the buff?

MortifyMore

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No the leashing that currently exists on Live will no longer exist, but we've found that teammates still stick around as long as they can to apply as much damage as possible before leaving for their lanes -- still helps the jungler out a ton.
Will the new item help solve this problem? I mean, let's say theoretically your teammates don't want to help or know to help. Will the item do enough to make leashing not needed like how it is now for some junglers?

OFsoldier

11-09-2012

Quote:
Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
... so is leashing USELESS now?

Ammiravus

11-09-2012

"Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent"

Is this just nearest target in general, or nearest target that has hit them already as well?

iamthemastuh

11-09-2012

thanks for completely destroying sejuani from the viable jungler list by increasing the damage jungle does (she gets destroyed now even with cloth armor start)
oh and no more leash? now i can take even more damage but its ok because my teammates will auto attack them a few times to help me

now she will be played even less

Timjin

11-09-2012

How does this affect junglers like Sejuani and Nautilus who were damage sensitive in the old jungle? (Sejuani usually took a beating, and Naut relies on his shield to stay up to maintain damage)

AL Penguin

11-09-2012

no more leashing lol xD

Strawberrycocoa

11-09-2012

When I play jungler, I HATE watching mid lane steal my wraiths away. Was thought given to dis-incentivizing midlaners from taking jungle mobs for themselves?"