Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scrulox

11-09-2012

Does this mean Amumu will be out of the new jungle? since pretty much all his abilities are AOE and he is really squishy and vulnerable to counter-jungling early game.

TriggerMan24

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

uh-huh

Izzabelle

11-09-2012

is the machete the only new jungle item?

LostRaider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracture Eon View Post
Team mates can still help damage the camp, but now the jungler has to tank all the damage themselves. This makes me worried for weak early clearers who also don't have any natural sustain.
I think that's the point.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-09-2012
21 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKidFTW View Post
So, from my understanding, the first few levels in the jungle will be built around getting through your initial clear then considering the risk and rewards of a potential gank. These changes though are making me think that about 70% of the time the jungler is either going to go back to buy or just continue farming, and that ganks won't come around until levels 5 or 6. I'm sure that early ganks will be possible, but only on certain champs who are able to come out of the new jungle with higher health.
Pretty good summary of what the early flow looks like for most junglers.

I still think that early ganks can be chosen opportunistically (ex: top lane if way over pushed to the turret) even with non-optimal early gank junglers, but it's no longer an automatic thing unless you are someone like Lee Sin or Shaco who are built to gun for early ganks.

DevTheHero

11-09-2012

Do you feel with this new jungle we will be able to build a lot more diversely, say, go with an ad heavy build on lee sin instead of the standard tank? Will we be able effectively jungle without buying GP/10?

Rule 34

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDivine View Post
I'm not sure if this is a stupid question but how exactly are these changes gonna relieve laning pressure?

If anything the stronger camps will pretty much only harm very early lvl 2 ganks where the jungler will definitely be too low to gank and might not have even started boots. Beyond that all a jungler needs to gank is just enough hp to get in, put in their cc, and get out.

Thanks.
The lower health a jungler is when he ganks, the more likely it is that the enemy laner will go for the kill then flash away safely now with your buff and that fancy new 400 gold for first blood, making life miserable for both you (since you are now buffless) and your laner.

I also like the assumption that all junglers have CC. Very, very few have hard CC at level 2, while soft CC doesn't help ganks very much.

GnomeSkill

11-09-2012

Please don't mess with leashing. It is hard enough as it is for a jungler to get a decent leash if you are playing solo que

Sneaky Thing

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Actually just hopped on the internal server to do a jungle run with him.

To say the least, it's pretty impressive. His passive and Q debuff provide him with fairly good resilience in the jungle and the single target changes have definitely benefited his clear speed.

Couple this with what I know about late game Trundle with items (hint: it's pretty scary if he ults the right targets...), I think he has a better place in this new jungle.
Does Jax benefit from this new single-target jungle? I've always felt his armor was low because of his dodge ability, but after that's gone he takes huge amounts of damage from the jungle monsters.

Would Jax be due for an armor buff, or is he still a decent jungler?

SephirothsM

11-09-2012

What's happening to the brushes? Will the map have a redesign?