Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Global Threat

11-09-2012

so leashing isnt possible anymore? is that what "Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent" means?

cause im all for it.

IchibanNoodle

11-09-2012

More junglers and jungling strategies to choose from!?
I'M IN.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-09-2012
20 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoon View Post
How's trundle? I got gold with him S1 and now he sucks. Tell me good things. (please)
Actually just hopped on the internal server to do a jungle run with him.

To say the least, it's pretty impressive. His passive and Q debuff provide him with fairly good resilience in the jungle and the single target changes have definitely benefited his clear speed.

Couple this with what I know about late game Trundle with items (hint: it's pretty scary if he ults the right targets...), I think he has a better place in this new jungle.

Slymerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

So what about Skarner? he will be out of Mana after one Wraith or Golem camp

BraigDragon

11-09-2012

No more leash! true junglers dont need it

Kastors

11-09-2012

Yay Does this mean Phreak can play more champs as a jangler?

DrDivine

11-09-2012

I'm not sure if this is a stupid question but how exactly are these changes gonna relieve laning pressure?

If anything the stronger camps will pretty much only harm very early lvl 2 ganks where the jungler will definitely be too low to gank and might not have even started boots. Beyond that all a jungler needs to gank is just enough hp to get in, put in their cc, and get out. I'm confused as to how this is supposed to make laners feel safer about all-inning their opponents when, after about 5-10 min into the game, jungle ganks will still be the same.

Thanks.

Oh and another question I saw but that hasn't been answered yet:
Does the new jungle discourage stacking gp5s?

happikillers

11-09-2012

Hope those weak jungle Champions get BUFF!!!!!!!

Stampede EU

11-09-2012

Exactly how "viable" is Kha'Zix in this new jungle? He's already barely scraping by with cloth and 5 potions in the current one, which is tragic for a champion labeled as a jungler (no, having a big gap closer doesn't make you a jungler, otherwise leblanc is a jungler too).

Ssgtwoodard

11-09-2012

What about the already silly junglers in terms of ganks and jungling? For example WW with his ult, and xin with that burst damage.