Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadManInc

11-09-2012

Would Nasus work / be viable in the current jungle?
The last time he was changed, it was give folks an option to jungle with them, since he was so massively outclassed in top lane.

GhostStalker

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Well jungle pressure is a double-edged sword.

Sure junglers can create action by ganking, but overbearing gank presence in and of itself causes lane passivity. Why would you ever risk harassing or going for a kill on your lane opponent if you know their jungler is just going to pop out and take you down?
It sounds like you guys have already made up your minds, you are trading 3 lane's being played too passively for just having the jungle being played more passively.

I'll tell you what you're opening though. I'm calling this right now, so hear me out.

Junglers are going to take teleport and smite. And they're just going to teleport in for a gank when needed. Shen will also benefit from this basically having 2 teleports. Pantheon is going to benefit via the same way. Twisted fate will be even even better at mid since he can gank any lane he wants to. Creating more action in the lanes by making the jungle more passive will result in these and very similar flow of playstyles.

I think, at the high level, you're really restricting gameplay. But for those of us who are not there yet, you've opened up the game dramatically.

Twillera

11-09-2012

Well this does help the blue side advantage a little. Now the extra golems take more effort. My question is, how are most junglers going to be able to jungle withou leashes? Wont this drastically limit the number of junglers, seeing as they will have to tank from moment 1 or do no damage.

ProfDrDeath

11-09-2012

One question: Leona

Have you considered her passive being able to proc on jungle monsters? Or is that more of a champ-specific change?

If you wanted it to proc, couldn't it deal the indicated damage over time (maybe 2 seconds, non-stacking) to prevent insta-gibbing clear?

Fishhyy

11-09-2012

damn does this mean no more shyvana level 2 ganks?

Antìdote

11-09-2012

lol

xDarleth

11-09-2012

Statikk; could you please add "This means no more leashing" to the OP? Too many people asked this already...

Another Question: With the new changes to rewards, how will this affect the extra Experience when the jungle creeps are standing for quite some time? Will the extra experience stay or do you intend to remove it? Also, how is Rengar doing in the new Jungle?

ASP DarkwyrD

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Well jungle pressure is a double-edged sword.

Sure junglers can create action by ganking, but overbearing gank presence in and of itself causes lane passivity. Why would you ever risk harassing or going for a kill on your lane opponent if you know their jungler is just going to pop out and take you down?
does this mean it'll be like season 1 jungle where most players chose to double lane bot and top instead of the new top mid bot support jungle?

Xemozu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Might not be the thread, but are you planning to do anything about Gp10? if the jungle is going to reward thoughtful ganking, which means more passive farm, junglers are just going to be even more eager for gp10, philo's sustain will become even better now. and more time in the jungle means they can stay with those for longer, which translates into more gold advantage.

I'm honestly sick of gp10 items, Supports should get extra income since they're not allowed to CS in the current meta, and Riot seems to be fine with that, but other roles shouldn't get that advantage..

Best Mayo NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
I'm pretty sure Xypherous already said that the preseason balance changes aren't going out next patch.
If that is the case, this thread really shouldn't be titled as preseason. It is very misleading to us people who are EAGERLY awaiting any sort of change.