Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Assyrianlegend

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No not really. =/
so... they put you in charge of jungle changes, and you dont show kassadin some love?

Samenko

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultros View Post
No more leashing? This actually greatly reduces the number of possible squishy junglers, especially when the damage the camps do has also been increased. I already could barely finish blue without a leash as a few champs...

I feel that leashing was a positive for the game mostly, if just for the fact that you're inspiring the players to work together at the very start of the game. Not sure why it was seen as a problem.
Gonna have to have bot/top lane damage it down through your tanking now. It's still doable, they will miss a few creeps in lane though.

Auspexa

11-09-2012

What about Fiora?

She's already having a hard time in jungle but to be honest jungle is the only role she can take. Maybe a change to his passive that lets her heal more from monsters?

Chopzzay

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
  • Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
OMG, no more leash :O !! Interesting :3

Hathel Ithilidin

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynetik View Post
Hey there StatiK as a dedicated Jungler I have a few concerns about some of the champions that I play and I would be really appreciative if you could address some of them (the changes overall sound fantastic).

Shyvana - She is currently one of the fastest clearing junglers in the game which allows her to make up for her really poor early game ganking ability and get to level 6 where she can then have some influence. She does this largely through strong AoE damage, how do you feel shyvana stacks up in the new jungle as a result of the changes?

Skarner - Another AoE centric champion who has to burn through a lot of mana to get any serious damage done to some jungle camps.

Elise - This is my big concern, I started jungling Elise right out of the gate and have been having a really fun time with her, but her sustain is just borderline good enough to allow her to jungle effectively in the current Season 2 jungle. Will Elise still be a viable jungle pick in Season 3?
Shyvana has bad early ganks? are you high?

Chamaquillo

11-09-2012

More Info on items PLEASE

Delnoir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Where is Skarner left in all of this? With the recent nerf on the CD of his shield the timing on when to use it going into lane got a bit more important to get the most out of it and your Q. On top of that he's like Nautilus in that his shield is pretty important to his jungle game overall right now. On the other hand his E is often left completely untouched until there's no other options.

So with an AoE Q, a shield that helps with his passive (meaning more Q), and his heal Skarner seems like he'd be a rather hairy beast to balance out for the new jungle.

KevinDelMarr

11-09-2012

People have described S3 jungle as a difficulty between 1 and 2, so i feel like if a Champion could Jungle in S1, they should be able to Jungle in S3 (unless they got nerfed drastically)

3pix

11-09-2012

It sounds like junglers w/out boots will find gap closers and exhaust/flash even more important. With summoner spells going to longer cooldowns, exhaust/flash will mean fewer gank initiations. So, speed boots/gap closers/enemy slows seem even more important that ever. I don't play maokai, but he sounds well suited from a ganking jungler perspective. Udyr, while jungle clearing may be good, won't fair as well w/ ganks, imo, since flash will be on cooldown longer.

I wonder if the new jungle will actually increase the number of players who jungle? If the gold incentive is there, and players do not have to gank to get ahead, then you'll get players who simply farm gold and don't support the team as much. It's like they just play their own game at the expense of others. I can see more jungle "duds", as well as potentially more jungle carries (since they'll have the gold to get the items that allow them to scale). I've been playing Skarner. I'm thinking he'll be more of a beast with no less utility.

LilMech

11-09-2012

Honest I think this just made the game to passive, got to be optimistic though