Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sup Tshifty

11-09-2012

This seems to really effect low elo play more so. I have been jungling a lot, and have have grown quite fond of it. The ability to turn the pressure on in a lane very early can potentialy win the lane and possibly the game. Early ganks, from my prespective, are really only found in low elo. This is where players are constantly over extending and you want to punish them for it. I play an extremely aggresive jungle and it turned my win rate into something in the 80 percent. Granted I don't always get to play the jungle role and I can only play about 70% of games consistantly. I am, somewhat, still very inexperienced; but I do feel as though this may ruin the jungling role for me.

In summary, I feel like this was a role I could potentialy carry a game from. After the changes I don't know if I see myself getting passed 1200 elo =[. But, my take on the changes could be too dramatic and I could be wrong about them.

RexSaur

11-09-2012

Statikk how will GP fare with those changes?Will he be considered a ''viable'' jungler again?

If not, would you consider re-scaling his E so it has a higher stats at lvl 1?

ZenithKen

11-09-2012

"Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent"
Leashing is going to be hell.

buttbuddynumba1

11-09-2012

Quote:
Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent

No more leashing?

Drozzi

11-09-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
No it currently costs 300g meaning you can start with 5 Health Potions (numbers subject to change before release).

The Hunter's Machete actually has no raw stats but instead increases your damage dealt to jungle monsters by a % and also adds bonus true damage to your basic attacks against jungle monsters.

The item then branches off into 2 upgrade paths one being Madred's Razor and the other being a new item focused more towards non-autoattack based champions called the Spirit Stone.

Does this apply to skills as well?

Pink Teddy Bear

11-09-2012

To the people that say leashing is dead. Here's how I clear with Udyr. Run wolves first, let top and mid beat on the blue for a minute, then run up and smite it. Leashing will still work. Just have your bruiser tank it while the ap mid blows it to hell, clear wolves and come up to take over.

Then again, some of us learned the jungle without leashes anyway.

Fist of Doom

11-09-2012

How is Hecarim with the new jungle changes? I feel his early single target damage could put him far behind other junglers.

zuluku1

11-09-2012

a main jungler i say this is retarded one of these changes means that u cant be given a leash wtf riot are you trying ti make junglers hate you

Vorune

11-09-2012

Will GP10's still be a viable choice after these jungle changes? And have you thought of a jungle specific GP10 item?

smallwillie

11-09-2012

How will this affect faster junglers such as Shyvana who rely on those fast clear times/leveling to impact the game as they have less cc?