Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JPT23

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

yeee

Wrathh

11-09-2012

So not only did Riot decide to increase damage done by the jungle camps, they also took away leashing. Well there goes that........

BaseSwag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Any ETA?!

LilMikeyV

11-09-2012

Why are people crying and saying this will promote slower games and less excitement? You mean you have to learn how to lane without an early gank getting you ahead? You have to learn to make a play without the jungler initiating for you, while you dish out the last shot to get you a leg up in lane?

I think these are great changes because it takes alot of the reliance off of the jungler, and possibly blame. Hopefully shift people's attitude from the current 'blame the jungle' excuse for a rough game. Currently, and entirely bad team can be carried by a strong early ganking jungler. Just feed your lanes until they can't mess up with strong ganks providing cc and damage(lee sin).

The excuse 'blame the jungler' truly can be reduced, because the lanes actually play themselves out(more than previously), making lane matchups dependent on the lane opponents skill, more than just the junlger's strength.

Borigrad

11-09-2012

First question.

What's going to Prevent champions like Maokai/Amumu/nautilus from doing the exact same thing they do now. Which is smite the small camps for fast clears and go back to camping lanes. Smite's relatively short cooldown allows for this kind of abuse. I don't see that changing just cause the camps do a bit more damage

Second Question.

What's going to prevent champions like Shyvana, Olaf and Mundo from being insanely overpowered? They do a lot of AoE and they have amazing single target. Infact these three champions out single target damage champions like WW and Fiddle and they AoE camps down in 2 seconds. What will be done to tone down champions like this, who moderate AoE on top of insane single target damage.

Insidius

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No the leashing that currently happens on Live will no longer exist, but we've found that teammates still stick around as long as they can to apply as much damage as possible before leaving for their lanes -- still helps the jungler out a ton.
Maaaaan, that means no more dancing with blue buff as mid =(

Scyfria

11-09-2012

How do you feel about level 1 jungle invasions, and how does the new jungle affect them?

Silient

11-09-2012

so leashing is dead?

Raptamei

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjin View Post
How does this affect junglers like Sejuani and Nautilus who were damage sensitive in the old jungle? (Sejuani usually took a beating, and Naut relies on his shield to stay up to maintain damage)
Well, they will be completely useless.

Now I feel like a sucker for spending so much of my life getting good with Sejuani and expecting her to get buffed at some point or at least not completely wrecked just because someone has a hard on for jungle Fiddlesticks.

I want to refund my tribal skin.

DragnDave

11-09-2012

I can see Jungle Ali being a thing of the past now. Sigh.