Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThisIsMinecraft

11-09-2012

How will the extra gold be allocated?

In my experience junglers only really own their jungle for the first 10 minutes or so of a match, at which point the rest of the team starts taking camps and buffs and the jungler has more opportunities to farm the lanes.

Will junglers be able to get more gold early on, or will they have to wait until later for the rewards to kick in?

CQReborn

11-09-2012

I still want to hear more about what is planned for Sej, she is absolutely NOT in an okay spot right now and needs some real concrete changes not a 5 damage tweak on an ability here or there. There is a GIGANTIC thread on her and she has received less attention than champions that have been out half as long as she as, and for you sideline her in importance like you did worries me

Granted you might have been talking specifically about her jungle clears, not what you guys have in plan for her otherwise.

Xeronos

11-09-2012

I'm really excited for this, mainly for Warwick. I know other people seem to dislike the fact you can't leash anymore but I personally love the decision. I miss being able to play Warwick as a viable jungle. This should dramatically change that.

Statikk if you have a moment I was wondering if the increased gold flow has a heavy impact on the jungle play-style as compared to now? I guess for example, would a jungler who generally has a faster clear time be able to keep up in gold with a jungler with slower clear times but gp5 items? As far as income goes.

Tazokh

11-09-2012

1.you guys just killed the early game jungle presence.... especially for early game strong junglers that fall off late game.
2.invades are going to be a sure kill if timed right when the jungler is really low...solo queue is gonna suck..
3.the part where it attacks nearest target...does it include leashing time? or just after u hit it, whoever is nearest to hit gets aggro?
4.good job though...i was started to get tired of the 7-8 junglers...time to learn more =D
5.(this is an actual question) Why not affect junglers who camp instead of ones that do not camp?
6.(this is a thought)The roster of viable junglers was always open...just some of them were weak in it compared to others...and increasing dmg might not have been a good idea O_o...because they will still be weak.

UtvaraHellkite

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
You can think of it that way, except the item doesn't dead end and instead eventually builds up to a couple of mid-tier items.
more info pls. Statikk pls

Chamaquillo

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBD Skrillex View Post
STATIKK HELP!!

Does this mean you guys are getting rid of leashing? =O

Read all of the red posts in here please before asking already-answered questions. If you went through Statikks earlier posts, you'd know that it just means you can't leash and leave. you can still leash by sticking around close by and attacking, but now its a tradeoff between who is going to take the damage: laner or jungler, because someone will have to take it. Can't just leash and leave.

Erkanius

11-09-2012

I haven't seen a reply to this yet, but Hecarim already has a very painful jungle start. With no more leashing and increased damage I can hardly see him getting in a gank for a while, causing him to drop off the map entirely.

Fresh Snow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I would love to jungle Ezreal as an assassin jungler. Tell me this is possible with that Machete.

Stelthhunter

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_09_Jungle_Changes/kassadin_post.jpg[/aws3]

[*]The golem camps monsters have increased movement speed to make them less vulnerable to kiting, especially early on by the blue side bottom lane
!
BLUE SIDE BOTTEM LANE.

now thats flat out admitting that the angle of blue side screen is positioned gives blue team an advantage every game. so my question is:
why not give both blue and purple side the same angle of view as blue team?OR at least give us the option to flip our ui. . so our skill bottens are not in the way of our skill shots

i know that purple side is above blue side but when u think about it the people leaving purpe nexus they would be gettin the same view as those leaving blue side.

Shockforce

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by orc72 View Post
elise and zyra, now viable junglers
You can make the jungle attack the minions even currently. If I do it right I can low level solo through blue/red and come out with almost full health.

A few times I have completed a circuit from level 1 without potions while using elise.