Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigThangSwangin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

From my understanding leashing will be useless now right? Since the target will just switch to the closest champion after being leashed.

Brobat

11-09-2012

Quote:
Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
So you removed leashing. Good job Riot this is exactly what was needed to fix the jungle

. . .

Some things are better left unchanged.

DemiluniS

11-09-2012

Statikk how Eve feels in the new jungle? she had really hard time in the current jungle since she doesn't have any sustain? The new jungle items suppose to help her or you want to leave her as an ap mid carry?
P.S. do you think she'll be good AD champ in S3? you was the one working on her rework and said she'll probably be hybrid/ad, but it turned a bit differently

GhostStalker

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
You can think of it that way, except the item doesn't dead end and instead eventually builds up to a couple of mid-tier items.
Jungle Kha'zix? is his build path a lot better now? I'm sure his clear times are going to be great singe he can do imense single target damage with his Q when isolated. His W can provide nice AOE.

But what about the items man? He's an AD Caster, what are you doing about the items? The jungle changes don't mean much for an AD Caster such as myself without knowing what the items are!

t0maz

11-09-2012

nice

Aphoristic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Will there be any changes to the jungle related masteries? Are there any changes to runes to make choices like Life Steal a more attractive option in the jungle?

DeafCatMoan

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbnail9 View Post
Omg they killed superman leashing, they want us committing more time to a heavy leash it seems.
i dont think so, with the time you dance the leash, you'll just be attacking the camp instead. i think it will work out alright.

TheOneAndOnly187

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBD Skrillex View Post
STATIKK HELP!!

Does this mean you guys are getting rid of leashing? =O
This has already been answered, yes leashing is gone, but you can still help kill the big buffs before going to lane

WhackedRak

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
It's interesting since Malzahar's void pets now do tank for him.

When we first initially implemented the new leashing changes, champions with pets that could tank for them like Malzahar and Shaco would literally clear the entire jungle without taking a scratch. Since then, we've had to make jungle monsters deal some amount of bonus damage to pets and we're still trying to fine tune the number to make sure having pet tanks is an advantage but doesn't necessarily mean jungle invincibility.
It's impossible. Shaco is unbalanceable with numbers that apply to other champs. Just nerf his JitB into the ground.

Siyanor

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostStalker86 View Post
Jungle Kha'zix? is his build path a lot better now? I'm sure his clear times are going to be great singe he can do imense single target damage with his Q when isolated. His W can provide nice AOE.

But what about the items man? He's an AD Caster, what are you doing about the items? The jungle changes don't mean much for an AD Caster such as myself without knowing what the items are!
Xyph already talked a little about AD caster items in general. Not specifically for junglers, though.