Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-09-2012
11 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakJesus1 View Post
Now can you tell us what the Machete does. Is it like the jungler teir Dorans?
You can think of it that way, except the item doesn't dead end and instead eventually builds up to a couple of mid-tier items.

Urf Bender

11-09-2012

Quote:
Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
STATIKK HELP!!

Does this mean you guys are getting rid of leashing? =O

Chamaquillo

11-09-2012

When will we get the full low-down. Seems like this is being draaaawwwwnnnn out so long. I'd love to actually know what the items are with stats so that I can start thinking about builds. Hints are so frustrating...

HolyChalice

11-09-2012

I'm just taking a guess here since the new jungle item builds into wriggles I'm guessing that it will do a specific amount of fixed damage to jungle monsters to help auto attack junglers and maybe the AP one will be more towards fixed damage for ability damage towards monsters

NeonNephilim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

So Sejuani gonna get buffed? cause the minions already own her as it is...

Internet

11-09-2012

AD carrys as junglers. does it work now. yes or no?

>__< im going to keep asking because I want the rat back, even if riot hates him more then Eve as a stealth champ.

Calibrations

11-09-2012

I am concerned about the quality of life change that makes monsters attack the nearest target, rather than the first person to attack them. Does this mean that leashing blue and red will no longer be viable? No leashing plus increased damage from jungle monsters will DEFINITELY remove some champs as viable junglers. I thought the idea was to add more junglers, not change who is viable...

Grand Eleven

11-09-2012

I'm really curious how this is supposed to increase the potential jungle pool.

Aside form tuning down the health of the lesser mobs in camps, every other tweak seems to restrict the jungle role rather than expand it.

I get that you want aoe to be less of a factor ... I also get why you tweaked up the risk on golems and wraiths so lanes can't carelessly farm them and further starve the already starved jungler. But to in-turn buff up the neutral monster danger reads like it will effectively cut out a LARGE chunk of the champ population .... much more so than removing aoe requirements will add to it.

There are already tons of champs that simply don't function in the jungle because with out a strong leash they come out far too weak after blue/red to do anything but port (if not die outright if they don't use smite). By killing leashing entirely you are forcing a melee jungle champ to take _increased_ damage (because you raised that too) for a longer period of time. Champs will need to basically start with cloth and a full 21pt defensive tree in order to stay viable ... or maybe you want them sporting smite+Barrier now so they can soak the initial damage and be forced to give up smite? But that gives up a gap closer ...

While the allowing of single target damage to be successful is nice ... as is gold ... it just seems like the door was opened for tanks (who could handle it anyway) and closed for assassins.

SharksAreCool

11-09-2012

What does this mean for Hecarim (who relies on AOEs to clear) and Evelynn (who can barely live through the first clear in the current jungle?

ZevyJ

11-09-2012

Statikk, I really love how you're communicating to the community like this and aswering all these questions c:

Now, my question is: What kind of items are you aiming to give to AP junglers and single target junglers? When will Xypherous be talking about them, if you can't tell us about them?