Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DragonsEyeG

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannahawkaloogie View Post
What will this mean for junglers like Amumu who have very weak basic attacks and depend entirely on AOE to clear camps?

The new jungling items will certainly help, however, it seems like they will help champions with single target clear speed (Lee Sin, Warwick, etc.) clear extremely fast, while only helping AOE dependent junglers like Amumu manage to still survive in the jungle. Will Amumu even be viable as a jungler in season three?
he will probably still be viable, but not nearly AS viable

Jfreak7

12-03-2012

the items say increased damage to monsters. Does that include creeps or are they categorized different?

Bes7iA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

its so sad that all these changes for season 3 seem to be made just to encourage people to play by the meta instead of the opposite

Terminus Est

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfreak7 View Post
the items say increased damage to monsters. Does that include creeps or are they categorized different?
Monsters is Riot speak for neutral jungle mobs.

CardinaI

12-03-2012

I have found that with Spirit Stone almost every single jungler has near-infinite sustain in the jungle with incredibly impressive clear time. As a jungler I LOVE this new item. Are you sure it won't be seeing any nerfs in the near future, because there really is no downside whatsoever to buying it also due to the fact that boots now give significantly less movement speed.

YeZombie

12-04-2012

Statikk, I just don't see why the jungle is being changed to make it harder for junglers to have the advantage for their team in an early gank, at least that's what Morello said in the video about why jungle is being changed. The enemy team jungler could easily camp lanes like ally team jungler, they just DON'T do it. Jungle should be rewarded for helping lanes instead of being punished by being forced to focus between ganking or jungling.

What if I'm in mid wraith camp and getting low HP, but my midlane gets ganked? I could've easily helped but the wraiths were messing me up, and the mid dies. "Why didn't you come help?" "Sorry, Veigar. Wraith camps almost killed me. Merh."

Also, today I played Lee Sin Jungle in 1600s ranked, and had a xin top against a yorick (yorick got FB from early udyr gank). I ganked straight from lane 3 times, and killed Yorick all 3 times. I really think it's just player error rather than junglers being too OP and winning lanes for their allies.

Saituchiha

12-04-2012

Dumb...

Noble1213

12-04-2012

4 new hunter items, ALL of them have mana regen
why isn't there an item for mana-less champions?

Judas Priest

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Hunter's Machete's % damage increase affects all physical and magic damage done to monsters, so yes it includes most spells (unless they deal true damage).

The Spirit Stone itself provides Mana Regen and the upgrade focused more towards casters provides even more Mana Regen if you are looking for more of it.

I agree that Skarner's jungle clears may be a bit too mana hungry along with other champions such as Hecarim. If we need to reduce early mana costs for these champions to keep them viable, then we'll do it.
"Mana hungry" is a very boring aspect of the game. It's frustrating to have the skills ready but no mana to use them almost all the time.

Judas Priest

12-04-2012

If the jungler can farm relatively safe in jungle, benefit from gold and carry the team, do you think it's possible a change in the current meta so that AD carries get out of bottom lane and start going primarily to the jungle as their main role?