Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruzer

11-09-2012

No more leashing then? Season three will be pretty exciting, out with the old and in with the more challenging... that's how it goes right?

BEERS FOR FEARS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

"Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent"

):

Also I'm genuinely a bit confused on how harder camps opens up the jungle roster more
Looks like it's back to Nunu and Warwick like in Season One

Malchak

11-09-2012

Master Yi needs more help than this increased gold/xp.

Seeker0fTruth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
I've found Maokai to still be a strong choice, mainly because his Q provides him with a significant amount of sustained damage that not many people realize.

Let's be clear, it's not like AoE is now useless. It still allows him to effortlessly wipe out the small minions while focusing his efforts on the big one (something single target champions cannot do).

Out of all the jungler tanks, I still feel he is near the top and probably doesn't need any tweaks to stay competitive.
Statikk, you've been fielding questions about individual junglers and reassuring us that they're all fine. Are there any junglers you feel will be weaker after the patch?

tenrel

11-09-2012

how does hecarim do in the new jungle? his early game is already pretty weak, and a stronger jungle is only going to make him worse, possibly even pushing him out of the jungle entirely.

Steveopotamus

11-09-2012

Quote:

Overall, we hope these preseason changes will make the jungle a place where more varied champions, roles, and playstyles are viable. We donít intend to remove any of the junglers that are currently viable Ė only add to the lineup.

As usual, weíre open to making changes as things develop, and we want to hear your feedback on both new junglers and your standbys as you experiment. Donít hesitate to leave us a comment once youíve hit the Fields of Justice!

It seems that the changes are more restricting to the jungle than expansive. How does removing leashing accomplish the goal of making the jungle a more varied place when such a heavy burden is placed on nun-sustain junglers?

I mean, I like idea of blue side bot lane golems having a higher opportunity cost, but removing the leash aspect seems counter-productive for the stated goal...

DemiluniS

11-09-2012

Quote:
You'd be surprised because Karthus does an insanely high amount of single target damage once he isolates the big monster (after the small ones die to the AoE).

He also benefits heavily from the addition of a few new jungle items that are aimed towards AP.
ap jungle items, few of them? I like what I hear =D

EV Trained Budew

11-09-2012

Can we expect an ETA on this upcoming change? Is it on the next patch or a later patch? I'm too hype for this!

Vencu

11-09-2012

Quote:
I've found Maokai to still be a strong choice, mainly because his Q provides him with a significant amount of sustained damage that not many people realize.

Let's be clear, it's not like AoE is now useless. It still allows him to effortlessly wipe out the small minions while focusing his efforts on the big one (something single target champions cannot do).

Out of all the jungler tanks, I still feel he is near the top and probably doesn't need any tweaks to stay competitive.
when i saw the tweaks to the health i instantly thought that it was an ingenious idea, don't gimp the aoe junglers but make the single target junglers more viable, props to whoever thought of it

Tylendal

11-09-2012

Wait, they've removed leashing?