Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodEmperorLetoII

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No, not really.

Let's be clear. The stated goal of increasing the diversity of jungle viable does not equate to us wanting every champion to be able to jungle.

Champions like Leona and Talon were intended and designed to have roles elsewhere in the game. This is why for example Talon's Q bleed does not work on jungle monsters.

As an unfortunate side effect of these jungle changes, we will probably be killing off some of the current off-the-wall non-optimal junglers. At the same time, we're probably creating new ones. It's honestly give-and-take here.
Speaking of leona, will she EVER be anything OTHER than a support? Every other support can go elsewhere and be somewhat viable.

smokemyblackpole

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodEmperorLetoII View Post
Speaking of leona, will she EVER be anything OTHER than a support? Every other support can go elsewhere and be somewhat viable.
He's already answered this question earlier in the thread and he specifically said he sees both Alistar and Leona as filling the support role and not the jungle role, so more then likely they will not be very viable in other roles unless something he says changes.

squidsyd

11-13-2012

How am i meant to jungle naut now. his early game was already bad enough

Rakuras

11-13-2012

Hmm... here's a late night question coming to mind: how has the new item chain adjusted Rune/Mastery dependent champions like Xin Zhao? Has the Machete chain improved those champions whom were testy and very pre-game build dependent to be viable or has it just allowed them to remain as hazardous, low-health clears for the first few levels well above similar champs?

Oh, and making a moderate assumption that you've tried the new Masteries, Statikk, but are there any useful pearls of wisdom you'd care to share about how the Masteries have affected some parts of your experimentation and observed trends for jungling with these future changes? Especially anything you've seen between Utility and Defense as I've been prone to run heavier into Defense to ease early clears yet yearn for late game perks from Offense and even some of the gold perks of Utility to smooth me out mid game.

yaybob

11-13-2012

rammus may be viable again!

Nickholai10

11-13-2012

Hmmm interesting

Daedrek

11-13-2012

0.o

room4two

11-13-2012

This doesnt do much for my jungling, but I like the increase in gold

canister shell

11-13-2012

i cant wait for the new jungle, im very excited for it

Posėdon

11-13-2012

so the jungle is most likely going back to how it originally was then? which means all those champs who we originally jungled with can do it again heck i once jungled cassiopia before they changed to current and i did fine lol.(I fogot to change masteries and had smite so i thought id give it a try and it worked!)