Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Professor Maple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Can you or Xyph talk about this Machete item in more depth? Is it like a dorans item for junglers?

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Will these changes make it so jungle monsters will attack Wukong's Decoy, as opposed to resetting like they do now?

And it was K

11-09-2012

How will these changes affect Phreak?

General Quackers

11-09-2012

So, you're reverting all of the horrible jungle rework and adding more improvements on top of it? It only took a whole season to realize how badly you butchered the jungle. Grats on doing something right this time.

Dimrain47

11-09-2012

As long as I can still jungle with Kayle, I'll be happy. AoE clearing, a heal and a damage amplifying effect should be enough to keep her viable, right?

I've really been enjoying her as my main jungler this season and it'd be a shame if I could run her in any lane like I've been doing.

Siyanor

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbornderp View Post
What about junglers designed with the current jungle in mind? I'm referring mostly to Hecarim, Kha'zix and Nautilus, as Diana/Rengar have high single target dps and strong sustain. Kha'zix is already very squishy, and while having very high single target dps his sustain is almost nonexistant, I worry that this will push him from barely viable in the jungle to not at all. You already mention Nautilus in another reply and that just leaves Hecarim.

Hecarim is my favorite character hands down, and currently suffers from the jungle in that he needs carry level gold. I play him anyway all the time because he's awesome and has pretty good aoe clear as well as strong ganks and ok sustain. So if you took the current jungle and made it give more money and xp, he' be the strongest jungler hands down, no need to play anything else. So I get that you can't do that, but with the focus going back onto single target dps, I worry that I'll be forced into buying wriggles. Currently with double or even single gp10 he's perfect, wriggles has a lot of wasted stats I don't like, he's a bruiser and most of his damage comes from his Q. I don't kow how to deal with this so I'm forced to ask, what will happen to the Doom Horse?

Kha'zix will be more viable. His sustain is actually not bad at all, just on a relatively long cooldown. With the small things being easier to kill, though, he can just take them out quickly and lay down the Qs on the bigger things.

Fiestero

11-09-2012

Statikk, please, i need to know, what about jungler trynda?

I miss paying with my jungler tryn, pretty outclased on S2 jungle

TheOneAndOnly187

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
He also benefits heavily from the addition of a few new jungle items that are aimed towards AP.
Can you give an example of one of these new Items geared toward AP junglers?

Opreich

11-09-2012

What about Udyr?

Is Phoenix or Tiger more suited to the "new" jungle?

dogbiter

11-09-2012

statikk, will the yi changes that were once on the PBE reach live??? you know, those that buffed his clear time.

also, what about his new clear time and his remaining health to be able to gank???