Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tayln

11-11-2012

So no leashing pretty much. Awesome....

aSMOOTHCRlMlNAL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Statikk, tell me your thoughts on jungle Pantheon and jungle Xin Zhao, thank you.

Sylver

11-11-2012

How is poppy in the new jungle?

MakinBacnPanCaks

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Definitely keeping my eye on several cases like Nautilus. Because his utility and ganks are top of the line, his clears should certainly still be somewhat painful compared to junglers who don't bring those strengths.

We'll be taking a look at junglers across the board and making champion specific changes where necessary. Slightly buffing up the early game of tank junglers such as Rammus and Nautilus (who were in some ways overnerfed due to the current jungle meta) is certainly not out of the question.
I feel if you just tweaked nautilus shield to persist its Aoe dammage ON JUNGLE MINIONS after being popped he would probably be fine.
Its not his resistance that screw him in the jungel its the fact that his damage all depends on Cooldowns and that shield so once you use your Cd's and you shield breaks there is a 10-16 secs of his pudgy weak normal attacks.

Takanub

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No, not really.
Champions like Leona and Talon were intended and designed to have roles elsewhere in the game. This is why for example Talon's Q bleed does not work on jungle monsters.
So out of curiosity where is Talons role according to the dev team?
In the current meta he gets stomped by most popular top picks. Hes a really good mid but trying to play him mid gets you trashed on by your team mates in solo queue for not taking an AP mid, and Bot is straight up NOPE.
Is his only role to be a niche counter pick in drafts?

Von Punchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Hey Statik not sure if anyone has asked yet but how do our wonderful yordles Kennen and Teemo fair in the new jungle. And for that matter who do we have for viable yordles in the jungle after these changes.

EventHorizon610

11-11-2012

"Can we please get a comment on the viability of Jungle Amumu?"

amumu jungle is always viable, he is soooo strong in every way if he jungles. I agree that he is underwhelming in lane. He is a viable and great jungler but is better suited to gank lanes with friendly champions that can actually take advantage of his stuns, slows, and reduced mr from his cry. Let me know if this helped in your decision, Mr. HarryLarryLopez

ReaverKing

11-11-2012

Pardon me Statik, if you have the time I have a few questions that I feel are pretty big:

1. Since Shaco seems to be a very strong Jungler in the new new Jungle how do the Jungle changes affect level 1 Jungle Invade strategies? i.e. If blue is that much more difficult to kill, and junglers are buying items that no longer give them advantages vs players at level 1, isn't a 5 on 3 surprise gank at level 1 against bot blue golem much more effective (and therefore more likely) now?

2a. When I mid I normally try to grab as many Wraiths as I can without disturbing the jungler's route. How has the changes to the Wraith camps affected mid lanes where Champions in mid opt to heavily farm the Wraiths? 2 - 1 - 2 lanes are the norm below level 20.

3. Lastly, how has Master Yi improved in the new new jungle? Since I believe he can still hit 100AD at level 1 with a long sword, how deadly is he vs creeps with a machete (and a little life steal) and can his relative fragility pay off due to his potentially strong gank presence, bonus damage vs minions, etc.

Queso Queen

11-11-2012

Statikk,

How is Elise jungle with this new season? She has both aoe and single target damage, how does her clear time look? Will we actually see people not complain about playing her, or is she still stuck in the spot of -please pick a more secure champ-?

BlasterDarkness

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpleforeskin1 View Post
wait wait wait "Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent" does that mean it's not going to be possible to leash for junglers? that seems like a big problem...
i dont like this either but even if you can't leash anymore , it doesn't mean you cant help out. just have the jungler attack the golem as usual while your teamates help deal damage enough to smite. problem solved. that beign said, it will take time away from them farming their lanes early. so they will be a few cs behind if your not fast enough. i'd suggest the support stay back and help lol.

and if the minions now will attack the closest target maybe you can leash by swaping back and forth a little, BUT i doubt it because it says there speed is getting increased so they will be on you like glue and risk reseting them if you get too far. so yes, i think this new jungling system is a bad idea, its why i mentioned adding gates to the river in an earlier post.

another idea i thought about besides the gates idea to fix early gank pressure is LIGHTING SYSTEM!! think about it. it would be fun and challenging to have like sunlight change throughout the game lenght. at the start it lights up bot and top lane bushes so even if you are in the bush you can still be seen. so this way you can see junglers if they try to camp a bush. then after a few minutes the light can change to light up diffrent parts of the map. it can even be like an all seeign eye like lord of the rings lol.