Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tucrucios

11-10-2012

Normally junfr jungers are already low level if Riot buffs the neutral monstersat will be the end of jungling.

Forgam

11-10-2012

Does this mean theres no more leashing?

Zilen

11-10-2012

no more leashes?

MaSTerMInD360

11-10-2012

Seems balanced now

CooLTanG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-10-2012

Tryndamere's Jungle any good? Right now, its probably best to start vamp cepter + lifesteal runes, +atk speed + armor runes + 21/9 armor masteries (mobs doing less dmg too). Anything else, u won't be able to gank early, u have to go back and heal then gank.

I enjoy Tryndamere top, but I'm not sure if he's that great up there, since like ninja tabi nearly counters him early enough. But black cleaver sounds promising if the price is right, and armor being more expensive might be nice.

Fluffyjimmy

Recruiter

11-10-2012

I'm concerned about any champions that are dependent on buffs in order to succeed in the jungle. You say Fiddlesticks will be more viable with the changes, but currently if a team invades his jungle and steals his blue buff (or kills Fiddlesticks), Fiddle is practically screwed for the rest of the game. Does anyone feel that a more difficult jungle will increase the need for level 1 invades in attempt to cripple the opposing teams jungler?

AuGold197

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post

Increasing Jungle diversity

In Season Two, strong junglers were typically characterized by high area-of-effect damage, utility skills, and early ganking presence. During the preseason, we want to increase the diversity of viable junglers by ensuring that champions with other strengths can also shine.

Firstly, we are going to reduce the emphasis on area-of-effect damage dealers by re-balancing more of the health and damage into the large monster in each of the camps. This allows single-target damage dealers such as Gangplank to have more competitive clear times.

Next, we’re also going to significantly increase the rewards (gold and XP) and scaling difficulty (health and damage that the monsters gain over time) of the jungle as a game progresses. This way junglers who shift their focus toward farming the jungle efficiently can acquire gold and experience faster. This opens up the jungle to many of the more damage-focused and gold-reliant champions like Master Yi who need to scale into the later parts of the game.

Lastly, as we mentioned earlier, we’re going to increase the damage dealt by monsters in the jungle. This should allow high-sustain junglers such as Warwick or Fiddlesticks to break back into rotation by giving them an edge over the competition.

The new items will also be a factor here by opening up build paths for champions who previously had poor jungle itemization such as mages and attack damage casters
I pretty much like everything as is. My only question is how these changes will help out by "Increasing Jungle diversity". I understand that you would like to see old high sustain junglers such as Warwick and Fiddlesticks, and how the items will help out the current junglers, but how does increasing the damage that the jungle minions do increase the diversity? Wouldn't this actually lower the diversity of the jungle-meta? As far as I can tell from this increase in damage it basically states that if you're not tanky-ish and not able to life steal(Warwick and Fiddlesticks) then you are pretty much out of the meta. I wish someone could open my eyes on this issue, because it doesn't quite make sense to me...

EDIT: I also have another interesting question. What happens to a Blitzcrank that grabs the blue buff(like can be used sometimes to steal an enemies blue or a LARGE leash)? Does the monster attack Blitzcrank, walk back to the camp, or just attack the closest target like normal? Would be interesting to see what will happen to such a leash.

nispoH likes men

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUironman View Post
Do I get to bring out my awesome Warwick skin again!!!???
as long as its the granny one

skwca

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Counter ganking is actually one of the things the team is worried about at the moment. Since more champions are clearing at lower health levels, they are more vulnerable to getting counter-jungled / ganked. Currently monitoring how abusive this can be.

THIS... is what im worried about. shaco who can kill most thigns solo without leashes will be OP in the new jungle.. Shaco kills red then runs straight into opposing jungle and its GG for you. like you said.. with the health lvls being lower i cant see this NOT being a HUGE problem. please fix.

PopeJonsDeathRay

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theib View Post
Weed needs to be legalized
Colorado and Washington legalized it FYI ; )