Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xspydaxjakex

11-10-2012

So i just bought shyvana for nothing.. she is going to suck in jungle now, the best junglers are now going to be udyr, and warwick -.-

CarToon1

11-10-2012

I think this change is good and bad at the same time. But my main problem is with characters like RAMMUS. Rammus went from a great jungler to a horrible jungler when they nerfed his shield, so it is already hard to jungle him in the current jungle. Now imagine trying to jungle rammus in this new jungle. He will be useless basically. and i fear that amumu, malphite and other heavy characters will struggle in the jungle also.Also, tanky junglers do not need items like lantern , so by adding this new item to the jungle that was introduced, tanky heros will not be able to use it, so they just die? ;/ , Thanks.

CarToon1

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspydaxjakex View Post
So i just bought shyvana for nothing.. she is going to suck in jungle now, the best junglers are now going to be udyr, and warwick -.-
Agreed

Raloosh

11-10-2012

Is tryndamere viable in the jungle again?
He clears the jungle with such low health in the live that I feel that he won't.

LahooZaher

11-10-2012

I like that they are taking away leashing. To me leashing always felt like a way of almost cheating by allowing the jungler to get a buff they shouldn't be able to get yet, I guess is the best way to put it? Like not cheating, but....I guess manipulating the system? Like, junglers were never intended to have a blue and red buff and be able to gank anyone by level 3.

Kalden

11-10-2012

bye bye sejuani jungle. It was barely viable with only certain comps before, but now i think it will not be viable at all.

aceofsween

11-10-2012

Statikk,
Could you comment on one thing for me. This may fall into one of those "We'll balance as needed" things, but I'm concerned for Evelynn's jungle future.

Right from the get-go after her re-work, I noticed that she is just way too squishy. With no sustain whatsoever to start off with and one of the lowest armor values for a starting jungler in the game at only 16.5 armor. To put that in perspective, Kog'maw has more armor at level 1 than Evelynn does. Obviously, this is before masteries (and yes, I run with the appropriate ones). Even still, without a strong leash it's very difficult right now to do a full jungle clear on Boots/Pots. I generally go for a safer route with Cloth/Pots instead for this very reason. With a harder hitting jungle, Eve is quite simply just going to get wrecked. Even more without a leash to get her started.

Calarrow

11-10-2012

I just bought Hecarim's Headless Hunter skin, please try not to make his jungle too much more difficult! The same thing happened with the Graves nerf after I bought his Riot skin

MsSinful

11-10-2012

Yeah i dont like how we buy skins for junglers we main and enjoy a lot only for them to be useless....i just bought the Haunted Maokai skin and now i feel like i wasted my RP....

ThomasKreall

11-10-2012

i think kha'zix will be a bigger deal now. im looking forward to trundle and fiddle being truely viable again