Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS12c9caee90c700fc71890

11-09-2012

So, we're moving closer to S1 jungle.

I know one perfect way to set the jungle, reset it to S1, 100% of it, and I really hope you're not thinking about increasing minion health and keeping the abysmal gold and XP gains as it is...

Hai as Balls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

So I've kind of been experimenting with Rumble in the Jungle on Live. It's a hit-or-miss on whether it does well and I want to know how he is on the new jungle.

Warfie

11-09-2012

Of course leashing can still work. Have a couple of team mates do a hard leash for a few seconds where you all attack, but cycle who is closest, so as to reduce the damage output to any one champ. Everyone only takes a small amount of recoverable damage, and the jungler gets his buff.

Takeerelahka

11-09-2012

I'm personally not so keen on the idea of ramping up the damage that jungle pays produce, but I won't complain I guess. I was really hoping that jungle would lose a bit of potency and gain defenses, or something to that effect. I was really hoping it would open up to some more fun characters like Fizz or Vayne.

Lastear

11-09-2012

Hey, with these changes to jungle to make ap junglers more viable, do you think you could give ap guys a proc on red buff again?

Travisty777

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by netkitten View Post
those wraiths aren't supposed to be for miders anyway, no jungle player wants their jungle to be stolen. then, those who are ahead kill dem damned wraths anyway so it's not like they kill them when they are behind only, it's not a way to get comeback
they would better buffed camp's strength so killing them would be unefficient for mid ap carries, i'm afraid they will steal them even more now
Wraiths spawn ever 50 seconds, and a good mid leaves them alone unless they are able to kill them with enough time to respawn for the jungle. If he/she backs or goes to gank top or bot there is more than enough time for you to kill them, get the gold and get back to lane. If your jungle goes to gank, afterwords, chances are they are going to a) recall, b) do golems or wolves, whichever is closer to the gank lane, c) continue to push d) dragon.

All of these situations have more than enough time for wraiths to respawn. Not using it as an excuse, but watch the pros, they all do it. As a carry you want every advantage over the other mid.

Ripplez

11-09-2012

Will there be any changes to the standard pick for laners to taking boots 1 at the start? If not, how will jungle ganks work when you will likely be forced into cloth armour/vamp sceptre/non-boots item to survive while the laner will be faster than you?

This looks good but the fact that boots 1 is still an option for laners from the get go seems to make jungle ganks not just worse but impossible.

RedEyedWolv

11-09-2012

Hope u make awesome junglers

malphismia

11-09-2012

Can you make someone that actually jungles to balance it, obviously you havent done that

-you removed leashing, because now it will attack the jungler (the closest target) instead. this deals more damage to jungler
-you increased all jungle creeps to deal more damage overall
-rebalancing the health pool towards the larger minion will, of course, deal more damage to jungler because the creep that deals more dmg stays alive longer
-because of the damage increases, you made another jungle item forcing more rigid itemization paths, as if wriggles wasnt enough

last tip:
-stop trying to make more champions viable in jungle. trying to make the jungle all-inclusive removes the ability of actual junglers that excel. removing the pros of being able to gank and area-of-effect clearing......thats like trying to make every champion able to support, and removing the pros of janna that make her a good support

Kofo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

The whole lets revamp the game so noob 1 and noob 2 in lane don't die so early is annoying me.

TIP for Riot: Certain champions, SHOULD excel in certain things..I mean you have 100+ of them, and you just keep them coming...... not hey... pick a champ and do whatever. Maybe I can Amumu ADC.... that would own...!@! ...... ...... ...... really now? Have you seen some of these comments....vayne jungle?. .... ...