Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Levgre

11-09-2012

I think it's misguided that people are worked up over leashing. It affects both teams and all players equally. It's healthy for top lane, which is in really bad shape due to low level ganks. There are still plenty of ways to help the jungler, i.e. someone else tanks the creep for a bit, or teammates just add damage.

Even long ago, champs like Amumu were able to solo blue buff. Nautilus is really the only jungler I foresee having issues, without significant damage from teammates. HOWEVER, no one even knows the new jungle masteries, or new items. I doubt Riot left current popular junglers in the dust.

The Sch0nz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Preseason is a myth

Galice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I'm kinda concerned about the new jungle. It sounds like since creeps are tougher, there is no leeshing, Hunter's Machete having no base states, the removal of early armor, and the (rumored) reworks to the Indomitable style masteries, we are going to have a pretty darn rough time being able to complete meaningful initial clear, or making early plays.

I understand I haven't tried it yet, but can you put my concerns to ease that we wont be either afk farming for the first several minutes, or going all in on a gank in hopes of getting ahead that way?

Gentleman Oz

11-09-2012

So, I'm kinda late for the discussion and probably someone has already asked this... anyway, since you are talking about jungle changes, Statikk, could you shed some light on how this will affect our Masteries?

Bramble Berry

11-09-2012

I appreciate the efforts they're making to improve the game, but it's frustrating they still haven't even come out with an eta, last I checked, for the refund feature to be back up. It's kind of lame to me.

Evrys

11-09-2012

Hope this doesnt ruin my jungle irelia, she wasnt good in the old jungle because it took her to long, shes good in this one because it's easier to clear.

MokTheLlama

11-09-2012

poor poor hecarim, all his aoe damage, plus his hard early jungling clearing means that he's going to be slower and harder to jungle :[ poorpoorhorsey.

fuq boii

11-09-2012

no leashing?
so basically you either have to have the commitment of the whole team to do damage or you have to only play warwick and fiddlesticks.

Whittaker

11-09-2012

Won't these changes exacerbate counter jungling? If I know the lanes are relatively safe yet my counter-part in the jungle is low/weakened won't most people just look to invade. Also this will further increase the strength of duelists like Jax and Lee Sin who are not only strong in skirmishes but also mobile enough to get out if pressure comes from the lanes.

Honestly I think this forces supports to have to ward for their junglers at level 1 or face a late invade from a duelist if they aren't going to stick around to give a smiteless leash.

Blaziruku

11-09-2012

EDIT: nvm, answered :P

New jungle sounds nice, looks like it'll be cool to try out, since no leash does a ton of dmg and it seems camps are buffed, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.