Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nip the Zephyr

11-09-2012

Sweet, I'm looking forward to the changes.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-09-2012
6 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Found Baron View Post
  • Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
  • Wraith camp gold rewards have been reduced and golem and wolf camp gold rewards have been increased to better match their respective difficulty and convenience
  • The wraiths have reduced attack range and the large wraith has been repositioned within the camp to force mid laners to commit more when farming them for extra gold
  • The golem camps monsters have increased movement speed to make them less vulnerable to kiting, especially early on by the blue side bottom lane
Whats the problem with Blue side getting golems before they go to lane? Yes they hit level 2 earlier but it isnt earth shattering. As well as the mid lane wraiths stealing yes u dont have to really walk into the jungle and can hit the big wraith with your range. Also kiting the jungle golems was the main thing in bot lane golem taking but there are some junglers that truely do need a "had leash," and it hurts them more.
They can still choose to do the golems before lane, it will just be now more difficult and thus be a larger consideration in terms of how much damage they are willing to take to incur this advantage.

Vishnu DOW

11-09-2012

looks like some great changes to me
maybe i can finally stop getting flamed for picking ww...

OP Champion

11-09-2012

Sweet bro

SC0TT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-09-2012

LOL, no more leash and buffed. GG jungle wins.

J Swift

11-09-2012

So with the change in early ganking does that mean that bush placement near lanes will change? If you guys are doing touch ups to the map please make more map designs. Us oldfags have been waiting years for new maps instead of new skins.

Rafael Elendil

11-09-2012

So, instead of increasing the varied, this changes narrow it MUCH more.

No more leashing = Bye Bye any exotic jungler (Karthus for example)

Incredible uncompatitive for any rough start jungler (Hecarim, for example)

Simple NO MORE junglers on blind pick or below lv30!!!! Your team need to know how to help you in order to do a proper assist on early blue/red farming... sometimes i get no leash on low levels account theese days, imagine after the changes...

Unless the masteries and runes are completely redone to take all of this into account, we will have to lowest number os junglers, specially on 1500(-) ELO, than we ever had!

The ability to leash was something good to the game, since it allowed for many varied jungler pool.

Theese changes dont make Fiddle better AT ALL, since he is more vulnerable than ever to invades... now if you steal his first blue... he will stay lv 1 forever since he will not have mana and help to level up unless some lane lose even more time helping him on other camps and losing more team gold and team xp.

Champions that already can do well if they dont get a leash will simple do better(Udyr, Lee Sin), the others will fall farther behind...

TweakJesus1

11-09-2012

So your purpose here is to make junglers less aggressive in a way by making early camps a bit stronger. Honestly i dont really mind besides the no leash part but i guess ill have to see for myself when i can.

iamthemastuh

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Sejuani's an interesting case because like many of the tank junglers her early clear is very painful. At the same time, she scales surprisingly well with items and so she's proven to be powerful if she can navigate through her early game troubles. Will make tweaks where they are needed.
rofl....

Smitedyou

11-09-2012

Increased damage and reduced effectiveness of AoE for jungle?

RIP Jungle Karthus.