Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wasusa

11-09-2012

So If I'm reading this correctly, these jungle changes are aimed at rebalancing the jungle to make some characters more competitively viable while reducing pressures on the lanes.
Currently (I'll use amumu for the example here), you can hit mid ~4 mins @level 4 for a gank if it's open, or move on to the next creep camp, but after that, there are no remaining camps, and you can either wander around aimlessly for a bit, try and force a gank (if one isn't open), or just go back. Depending on the situation, none of these can be attractive options, and it seems that the new changes are likely to push it so that the no early ganks situation will happen more often than not. Will Jungle spawn times be rebalanced so that reasonably fast clearing junglers who don't necessarily have that early game presence aren't punished too hard by these new changes?

DoAllTheDps

11-09-2012

Fiddlesticks sustain has always been good in the jungle the problem is his speed, just like warwick. There were buffs to them in the past that tried to help them with their jungling speed,( fiddlestick's e monster bonus damage and warwick's magic damage on hit passive) but warwick's help him more as a top lane with trading hits than anything and fiddles was barely noticeable. So my question is Statikk, How is jungle fiddlestick's speed? Do the new ap jungle items help him significantly enough? or are we going to see a slight rework to him to help him out with farming in mid lane/ the jungle?

NorthCoastGhost

11-09-2012

Leashing is going away, but looks like we'll go back to "Tanking up" the camps wowstyle.

PwndUGGnoobs

11-09-2012

Statikk hope you read this

The new jungle sounds interesting but ive been reading that you are considering giving certain champs such as naut, rammus etc, small buffs to make them viable in the jungle, as this is necessary just consider when those champions play other lanes once buffed they will be to overpowered.

Captain Santorum

11-09-2012

I hope the jungle items can be built into AP related items for champs like fiddles and amumu.

dont really like the idea of the jungle items only benefiting AD jungle champs.

Dieggs

11-09-2012

So will leashes not be possible now that monsters attack the nearest champion?

Gavbot

11-09-2012

Le statikk, does this mean I can escape danger through the jungle and hit a monster such as blue golem with a long range spell while only the enemy is nearby it, and it will start to fight the enemy who is nearby it? similar gameplay as hitting vilemaw as you escape to make him web up whoever is chasing you?

Enraged Magikarp

11-09-2012

So will Elise be a more worthwhile jungler now?

ry2k00

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Definitely keeping my eye on several cases like Nautilus. Because his utility and ganks are top of the line, his clears should certainly still be somewhat painful compared to junglers who don't bring those strengths.

We'll be taking a look at junglers across the board and making champion specific changes where necessary. Slightly buffing up the early game of tank junglers such as Rammus and Nautilus (who were in some ways overnerfed due to the current jungle meta) is certainly not out of the question.
what do you think of Sejuani in this new jungle??

Yager Flare

11-09-2012

So basically what im getting out of this is that an udyr jungle is coming back. Im also seeing that this is going to lock out many champions entirely that before could run armor runes and stand a chance in the jungle. Consequentially, i see this change leading to a destabilization of early game control. Its going to be so reliant on whose going to have the tankier jungler or whose can produce a higher dps. So essentially, Junglers like shaco are going to need effective dps on wolves and blue in order to gank at lvl 3, and any jungler who before could gank pre 3 are the ones going to be shat on. i was under the impression that junglers were for early game control and late game tankiness, not mid game control and late game.