Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkyDavis

11-09-2012

Hey statikk, can you tell me if poppy or nasus can effectively jungle, not only from a clear speed perspective, but in regards to the ludicrous amount of farm/items these champs need?

thanks!

Zeunchainn

11-09-2012

Will Yorick ghoul aggro jungle monster now?

Krassith

11-09-2012

So is counter jungling really effective now? I found there wasn't much point in it with the current jungle unless you were taking the actual buffs. With more money coming from the jungle do strong counter junglers like Nunu or Lee Sin farm up quite fast?

Myrthrei

11-09-2012

there goes leashing,and in turn,jungling....

tumultuoustempus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

The changes sound great, but it seems grim for Skarner, who I imagine is not likely to receive compensatory buffs either since he just got nerfed. Any experience jungling him yet?

DeepfriedBallz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
leashing?

TinyURL

11-09-2012

How hard will it be for mid to clear wraiths?

SilentSounds

11-09-2012

So... here I come cloth 5 pot. The only way to jungle now that leashing is gone. I just hope Hunter's machete makes up for this horrendous change... I may be ober exaggerating .

MetaI Gear

11-09-2012

@Statikk

Show our favorite void bug some love and talk to us about Kha'Zix in the new jungle

rangerike1363

11-09-2012

I'm SO glad for these changes. I, as a main jungler, hated when the jungle became more accessible to everyone. Yes it opened up options for odd junglers who could possibly add to the comp, but I remember when season 1 jungle meant you constantly had to choose between ganks or more clears and the level difference meant you had to effectively gank. With season 2 jungle, you didn't lose that much gold/levels as you could more easy move to another lane and gank for god/levels there too. Also, in old jungle, multi-clears were not really possible as even sustain junglers had relatively low heath when they finally finished the golems. Now I can run Noct, Diana, Jax, etc, and be very healthy after a clear for multi-clears, ganks, counterjungling, etc. This will also make counterjungling more effective and at the same time more costly as the creeps are going to hurt more and getting caught could give them more gold/exp then you stole. I loved DIana jungle, but being a wriggle-less junlger meant she couldn't force early dragons, but now she can actually build a wriggles and it itemize better with her instead of a HUGE tradeoff item.