Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yukidaore

11-09-2012

Quote:
Most internal game end results have shown that strong farm junglers (especially when factoring in successful ganks and lane sharing/covering) can keep up in gold with the lanes and often end up with experience levels slightly between the solo lanes and the duo lane.
At what ELO? Gold income varies greatly with player skill.

diesl

11-09-2012

So no more leashing essentially

necris14

11-09-2012

Shyvana will remain viable. I approve of this

spöönz

11-09-2012

Riots scared of korean meta game

evansama

11-09-2012

i like the sound of this idea. but i feel like leashing for someone to help their jungle clear a bit quicker was always a good part of the game. now it seems that you will need at least 2-3 teamates to "leash" with this new system which will mess with people's cs and lane presence.

Morphine

11-09-2012

Sounds like an interesting balance between season 1 and season 2. Will be excited to hear how these changes work out.

One question, though - it's minor, but why are the names of the new items so weak/bland? League has always had cool names for items (Reverie / Wit's End / Malady / Phantom Dancer / Omen). "Spirit Stone" and "Hunter's Machete" sound really lame comparatively.

Creativ Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKas View Post
its like shaving your head completely after having a mullet for 10 years. Its just too much of a change all at once.
I see nothing wrong with this.

Okay, but really this was a great point you brought out here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKas View Post
Riot, you are making Jungling:

A) Nearly impossible to do without runes so someone who's lower level cannot even attempt to jungle (it is hard enough already). In addition to people who have smurfs that want to get better by leveling a new account.
Except that last part, leveling a new account won't help players get better because they won't be challenged the same.

Cooldude1234

11-09-2012

Who is not consider a jungler currently, but in the new jungle has done very well?

JiNzuO

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngel5722 View Post
okay first of all, the entire rest of the team roles are specific to champions with certain attributes, so why change junglers? Jungling is a specific team role just like an AD carry is or a support champion is. You never made a patch making Karthus a more viable solo top or Orianna a better AD carry, or Sona a better mid-laner. Why are you so insistent on making the jungle roster longer? all this does is make it harder to jungle with champs who were actually meant to jungle, like Warwick or Evelynn or Shaco, whose only viability now is in his stealth. These were the original junglers, and they don't have any AoE, or in Eve's case, no reliable AoE to use in the jungle. These champs were dependent on early game ganking ability, and now that that's gone, these tailor-made junglers become less viable. Furthermore, leashing is now impossible or at the very least pointless with the new golem behavior. Not to mention that this new Hunter's Machete item now essentially guarantees every jungler will have Wriggle's Lantern, which, from my own observation, is the item that makes or breaks a jungler. And don't even think about raging against this comment if you've read this far because you clearly only live through forums, so go troll someone else. This is my opinion, and I am entitled to it.
i completely ****ing agree with you

Mencret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-09-2012

guys help me leash blue