Adding dodge penalty was really stupid.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
You aren't at high elo then, get over yourself and play the game.
Well, his specific issue doesn't sound like high Elo, but we have random low elo people getting into high elo games, or high elo players who decide to experiment/are bored, and the rare few high elo players who only play trolly builds/champions. And there are always some people who never go revive, even if you see them having 2.3k Elo. But of the latter group, some recently decided to try Revive on euw, heh.

Vintage Daisy

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
Draft mode?

How do you dodge in blind pick and still know the enemy champ?

If its draft, why isn't Kassadin banned?

I wasn't aware ppl played draft without 10 hour ques.

FOODFOOD

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Daisy View Post
I wasn't aware ppl played draft without 10 hour ques.
Then how the heck did you know the other team's champs? And better yet, their summoner spells?

SylianEUW

11-09-2012

I don't see the issue. You can still dodge, can't you? Either you dodge and accept the dodge penalty, or you play the game. What's the problem? Can't wait 5 minutes to queue again?

Risemix

11-09-2012

Posts like this are weird. If you don't enjoy the game whether or not you lose, why are you playing? I mean this in the nicest possible way: Dominion doesn't have ranked queue, no games have any public elo, and people are going to dick around. You've got to accept that and accept a few losses to have fun. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try, but it's insane to expect everyone to be at your skill level or be as tryhard as you every game.

Kierloway

11-09-2012

You could just do what I do on the occasion...instead of getting a useful character to compliment the rest of your idiot team, pick a troll character along with them so they just get so angry they rage at everyone. The next step is to report that person after the game, and get everyone else to as well. That's not too difficult, with said player or players going off for everyone to see. After that, just hope they get busted in tribunal. It's not ideal, but if you want to remove the problem...remove the players from the system.

The other option is just go do something else for fifteen minutes while you wait for the queue dodge penalty to wear off. I do this sometimes and it doesn't bother me. I think fifteen minutes is extreme though, considering I only dodge in situations like you just mentioned. For some reason, people get all uppity when others exercise a little choice in their affairs.

Perhaps if everyone actually gave a damn about their team comp and winning, we wouldn't be having this discussion. The fact is that some people are just not going to give a ****, and I don't think players should have to put up with that if they don't want to. It sucks we get penalized, and I hope they keep the time down to fifteen minutes and under. I have paid hundreds of bucks over the course of playing this game, and I really shouldn't have to put up with AP Nid, Tristana, AP Teemo, and Draven in one match while I play Ali or Amumu most of the time because people just don't give a damn about champ selection.

"Hi, I'm player C...I'm going to wait 40 seconds to select and then auto lock Ashe after I see a Teemo and Vayne already picked"

...this happens all the time. I feel like we get punished for people not giving a ****. Where is a button to report A@@hat C for picking troll characters? Why can the other four players not have a majority vote to kick that person out of queue because they're being jerks in chat or refusing to cooperate with the team on champ selection? Why do I have to wait until after the game to report him and suffer through the loss? I don't think that's exactly right.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Daisy View Post
AP Shaco - Flash Ignite, AP Nidalee - Ghost/CV, Ashe - Ghost/Ignite - Kogmaw - Ghost/Flash - You.

vs

Khazix Ex/Revive - Kassadin Ign/Revive - Malphite - Garrison/Revive - Lulu - Garrison/Rev - Ezreal Ex/Revive.

Please tell me wtf you're suppose to do besides dodge.

I would of dodged if I was the shaco after seeing that lineup.

Kappa.