Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please lock advertisement threads.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iMRts

11-09-2012

Please lock this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2701705&page=194 for the following reasons:

1. advertisement
2. spamming
3. unsolicited repeated requests.

It's about a guy, asking for donation to support him playing video game and masking that reason with paying for college. Such bs.

I hate people who self advertises, asking for money/viewers/donations. I don't care if the person is high elo or status.

If riot/admin thinks it's ok for bumping oneself repeatedly, especially for advertisement, self-fulfilling purposes and still not closing that thread, then I shall bump my thread repeatedly everytime I see him bumping his, 'cause I don't think it's right.

If I can't bump my thread, perhaps because it's against some hidden rule, then I request for an explanation from someone official.

Quote:
Romulus:

So what does this mean for you? Well, for starters we’re going to begin to lock, delete, or move threads that show a clear violation of the Summoner’s Code. Additionally, here are four guidelines you should bear in mind when you post:

1. Keep it on topic, keep it constructive
Threads need to be constructive and have a clear topic. Subsequent replies need to also be constructive to ensure that the integrity of that topic isn’t compromised. Bumping a thread without adding additional relevant information is not considered constructive.

2. General Discussion is not the only section
Our General Discussion section experiences a high volume of traffic that might cause your thread to go overlooked. Before posting, consider whether or not your thread would be more appropriately placed in another section.

3. Attacks or Accusations are not acceptable
Attacking another player is unacceptable, the circumstances are irrelevant, just don’t do it. This includes calling out another player for leaving, cheating, poor gameplay, etc.

4. Abuse and disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated
Please show your fellow players and Rioters the same respect you would like shown to you. There are consequences to abusing players in the community.

EFG

11-09-2012

Then lock this one for advertising an advertising thread.

iMRts

11-09-2012

i agree, then i shall make a new one if the other one isn't locked.

iMRts

11-09-2012

what i want is a reason from admin why they let the other one run repeatedly without interference especially when it's about asking for donation, advertisement, spamming, unsolicited repeated requests. There are other viewers in that thread who requested it to be locked, but admin ignored.

noiradle2

11-09-2012

agreed

bongofrog

11-09-2012

You sir, are a jerk.

iMRts

11-09-2012

Thanks for the bump sir.

Pr0we

11-09-2012

What an A*s*o*e

Lusex

11-09-2012

Quote:
iMRts:
Please lock this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2701705&page=194 for the following reasons:

1. advertisement
2. spamming
3. unsolicited repeated requests.

It's about a guy, asking for donation to support him playing video game and masking that reason with paying for college. Such bs.

I hate people who self advertises, asking for money/viewers/donations. I don't care if the person is high elo or status.

If riot/admin thinks it's ok for bumping oneself repeatedly, especially for advertisement, self-fulfilling purposes and still not closing that thread, then I shall bump my thread repeatedly everytime I see him bumping his, 'cause I don't think it's right.

If I can't bump my thread, perhaps because it's against some hidden rule, then I request for an explanation from someone official.

Contrary to popular belief, some people actually need money to go to college.
Mind blown, right?

SuHeLoTuFa

11-09-2012

i feel sorry for the rich people who gets everything they want from their parents and does not know exactly how poor the world can be. At least this person actually have a good reason to ask for donation (which i believe in 100%, just because ur too narrow minded to believe it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist), instead of most famous streamers getting donations just coz they are famous and people like them (i'm sorry if i offended anyone with this, i'm just trying to make a point).

have u ever thought of how u personally would feel if ur in the same situation, and people just come in and make fun of u just because ur too poor to go to school, making it as tho being poor is a sin. While u are just hoping people have a good heart to help out, all u got is people not only not helping, but laughing at you.

you sir, have no sympathy and no sense and no heart, i wonder how u call urself a human being with warm blood running in ur veins.