Junglers Question. Mid wants my blue. His/Her right or privelege?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bordboy7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Alright so I can say "I will give you the third blue" at the beginning and everything will be find. But does blue belong to anyone? Is it like in a long game blue goes to AP. Its like an unwritten law of LOL then?

Ardack

11-09-2012

My only 2 junglers are Amumu and Mundo. With one I need all the blue buffs (saying don't play amumu is the same as saying mid should only play Kat if I'm Amumu. Neither of those opinions are team oriented). The other I don't need any blue buffs and all go to mid.

Every question I ever see in the forums can be answered with "It depends."

Renegen

11-09-2012

As a jungler I reserve the right to decide who gets blue. If the mid is retarded and doesn't respect my role in the team then I won't give him blue. But if he's dependable, he gets it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordboy7 View Post
Alright so I can say "I will give you the third blue" at the beginning and everything will be find. But does blue belong to anyone? Is it like in a long game blue goes to AP. Its like an unwritten law of LOL then?
Blue belongs to the team. The team needs to put it on whoever will benefit the team most by having it.

The AP mid is wrong for harassing you for taking it.
You're wrong for thinking it's yours to give or not give out. It belongs to the team. There might be cases where the AP mid is Katarina, but your AD bottom is Ezreal and he loves blue buff.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardack View Post
My only 2 junglers are Amumu and Mundo. With one I need all the blue buffs (saying don't play amumu is the same as saying mid should only play Kat if I'm Amumu. Neither of those opinions are team oriented). The other I don't need any blue buffs and all go to mid.

Every question I ever see in the forums can be answered with "It depends."
It does depend.

But, you need to consider your team composition when you're putting your team together. Stop being so selfish, and you might win more games. If your only 2 junglers are Amumu and Mundo, then you need to avoid playing jungle or learn more junglers.

Putting a mana-hungry AP mid and a mana-hungry jungle on the same team is putting your team at a disadvantage.

EDIT: And by the way, assuming the AP mid is a mana-user, given equal skill level for each player, an AP mid will do more with blue buff than the jungler, even if it's Amumu jungle. The only possible exception I can think of is jungle Diana who always has mana issues, but can destroy people with spell spamming.

Cousinit117

11-09-2012

Pogo, first blue is ALWAYS jungle's blue, second one is also jungles unless he chooses to give it away, 3 should normally go to mid but is still the jungler's choice after that it can be anyone's blue. Maokai along with most other jungles need blue top lane, and hard pick bot need ganks from jungler.
its called jungle for a reason jungler OWNS the jungle.

HaShedon

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegen View Post
As a jungler I reserve the right to decide who gets blue. If the mid is retarded and doesn't respect my role in the team then I won't give him blue. But if he's dependable, he gets it.
That's the way I look at it. Also take it when your mid ignores you when you ping blue and tell him to come.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousinit117 View Post
Pogo, first blue is ALWAYS jungle's blue, second one is also jungles unless he chooses to give it away, 3 should normally go to mid but is still the jungler's choice after that it can be anyone's blue. Maokai along with most other jungles need blue top lane, and hard pick bot need ganks from jungler.
its called jungle for a reason jungler OWNS the jungle.
As I said, my opinion isn't from the perspective of a mid. My opinion is from the perspective of a jungler. In your matches, you can take whatever approach you want, but my suggestions are mostly based around what's best for the TEAM, which is what helps you win games.