Junglers Question. Mid wants my blue. His/Her right or privelege?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bordboy7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

If I jungle am I suppose to give blue to mid? If I want it is it alright for mid to harass me?

Soraka Goes Mid

11-09-2012

Generally mid gets the second blue but if you think you need it more than they do then you can tell them, and if they harass you they're just rude.

NoneLikeRob

11-09-2012

It depends on who you are jungling. If I am jungling say Nautilus or Skarner, I will be taking the first few blues, until I have my philo stone at VERY least. If you are a mana hungry jungler, you need blue just as bad as them, and considering your gankability relies on it, they better just calm down and not argue. Now if you are able, for sure, give it away, but don't hurt yourself by giving it up. You can't afford to be out of mana constantly, that keeps you having to B too much and you lose out on gold/xp and on top of that, you arent in lanes to gank.

Falcodile

11-09-2012

Like Sinistar said,

it mainly depends on the champ your using,

for example, amumu or WW, they are mana hungry, and I usually give mid the 3rd blue, because I need the first two so I dont have to go back to base.

Its usually good to say if you are giving 2nd or 3rd or any blue to mid at the beggining of a game, so they can know early and there are no misunderstandings

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-09-2012

Trick question. It's not YOUR blue.

You should learn to survive without blue after the first one (Warwick isn't that mana hungry after the first, I don't know about Amumu).

Realize that giving blue to mid means they can spam their abilities and in all probability get a kill in their lane without a gank,so you can focus on top and bot more. And if nothing else, the enemy mid probably has a blue buff, so it keeps them even.

But if you really insist on having a blue buff from 7ish to 10ish minutes in the game, ask your mid to invade their blue with you at 7:20 (get there at 7:20) and then your team has both blue buffs.

hughhoofer

11-09-2012

They have no right to harass u. Now the first two-three should be urs it all depends on how the game goes if ur mid is feeding then no don't give It to them if u can give it up see who can use it but its not there right. Riot just changed challace to help mids. Not be as blue dependant

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Trick question. It's not YOUR blue.

You should learn to survive without blue after the first one (Warwick isn't that mana hungry after the first, I don't know about Amumu).

Realize that giving blue to mid means they can spam their abilities and in all probability get a kill in their lane without a gank,so you can focus on top and bot more. And if nothing else, the enemy mid probably has a blue buff, so it keeps them even.

But if you really insist on having a blue buff from 7ish to 10ish minutes in the game, ask your mid to invade their blue with you at 7:20 (get there at 7:20) and then your team has both blue buffs.

Amumu almost needs his 3rd blue, even with a Philo. He will get behind.

I LOATHE when someone says the blue is for mid after the first regardless. I'm not trying to beat you up, but understand the jungler has to babysit all 3 lanes, not just yours.

By giving you blue he is potentially giving up another lane to help you with something you should be able to live without.

Mana hungry junglers, such as Amumu, have to use a lot of mana to clear the jungle in a reasonable time so they can gank.

Mid having blue just allows you to harras more frequently, or in some cases give the enemy your blue.

Now, once you can do without your blue even if it makes you uncomfortable, you should give it away. Once you can clear you jungle and have just enough mana to gank with, then it should be gone.

3rd blue and on every jungler should have enough sustain to give away. Usually on Amumu I'll buy a frozen heart or Banshee's for a ap heavy team for my first sustain.

If mid is being an ass hole, which is just bad luck in all honesty, just explain to them that if they want you to clear 2 camps and not gank for you to have blue, fine, but understand you will not be ganking until later.

Usually they'll let you have the blue. If not, they just start raging and buckle up and get ready to carry, because they're going to start feeding.

LogicalTautology

11-09-2012

The first blue belongs to the Jungler. If you happen to be Shyv/Lee and in a generous mood, then great, but there is a clear implication that the first one is the Jungler's.
The second blue is a bit of a toss-up. Personally, if I'm playing a mana-hungry Jungler than I make it my priority to get a Philo before the second Blue pops, and so I give Blue to Mid, but in the end it's up to you. There is a soft implication that the second Blue goes to Mid, but it is negotiable.
The third blue should be going to Mid. If you happen to get counterjungled like crazy and are still way behind by the 12:00 minute-mark, then go ahead and take it. If you are going into the game assuming that you will be taking the first three blues, though, you're doing it wrong. There is a clear implication that the third blue will go to Mid, unless something extreme happens in the early game.
After the third blue, the question stops being asked. It is now explicitly the blue buff of your midlaner unless a) they are manaless; b) they decide it is better served elsewhere.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-09-2012

Look, I'm not justifying a mid champion raging at you. I'm going at this entirely from the perspective of a person who plays jungle. I play top, jungle, and support. Only recently have I started playing mid, and the mid champions I'm best at wouldn't even use blue (Mordekaiser, Katarina).

I'm also not saying that any buff belongs to anyone regardless. But what I'm saying is that the buff doesn't belong to the jungler either.

So, I'm not willing to have this debate about Amumu, because I have no experience with him. Can you name me a single jungle that *requires* blue to still have an impact on the game after the first blue buff? I'm not giving you Warwick. I've played a lot of Warwick jungle. If you require blue buff, you're jungling with Warwick wrong. He doesn't need blue buff after the first.

So, can you name one jungler besides Amumu that requires blue buff?

If you can't, then don't you realize Amumu is the absolute exception? So if you're jungling and know that you need more blue buffs then every other jungler, why don't you try one of two options:

1. Look at your team comp and if your mid would be super powerful with blue buff, jungle with someone besides Amumu. (If your mid is Katarina, jungle Amumu).

2. If you're Amumu jungle, and your mid is really powerful with blue, buy some wards, ward enemy blue, and steal it at 7:20. Your mid doesn't want you to not have blue. He just wants a blue buff himself (and with good cause--almost every mid is stronger with blue buff than almost every jungler).

Just look, next time you play a match, look at the farm mid has at 7:20 and the farm you have. Realize that this is why mid typically gets blue buff. They make more use out of it than the jungler.

EDIT: And oh, by the way, mid can gank side lanes too. If mid can take care of their lane without your help AND gank the side lanes with you as well, then that's far better than you keeping blue for yourself and still having to look after all 3 lanes.

LogicalTautology

11-09-2012

Give this man a medal.