Bug - Attempting to Reconnect

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PenguinX3

11-08-2012

I've been playing this game for well over a year or two and have had little to no problems with it until about two weeks ago. I'll join into a game, get the champion picked out, load the game up, get into it, and it starts out fine. About around the time it says "Minions have spawned" my game locks up and I'm trapped in a never-ending loop of "Attempting to Reconnect" I've been trying almost everyday to see if this has gone away and once have I been able to get through a 20 minute custom game but after that I couldn't play due to the Reconnect issue. I got through 20 minutes tonight of a custom game before it hit again.

I can't really post a "Steps to Reproduce" because it seems to only be affecting a certain number of people. But the steps would be:
1. Join or Create a game.
2. Start game.
3. Select your Champion.
4. Load into the game.
5. Attempt to Reconnect error.

├ćolus

11-09-2012

Bump for attention.

I have been having this problem too and recently its been much worse than it has been. I check with my ISP and they said everything is fine on my end. For a while I was determined to push thru but its gotten so annoying that I have just given up playing until I can either find a reason for it and resolve it or till the issue it approached server side.

I don't even know what i can do.. Can't even play with my Team anymore.

PenguinX3

11-09-2012

I know what you mean. All I can do now is sit on Mumble and listen to my friends play or spectate their game and it's just so boring.

SOTS HyperLust

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Keep these threads alive. Thank you Penguin for posting in my thread several times about the issue and commenting back to others. It is appreciated. I'll try to keep this thread alive as well as my other threads with this issue. Please don't hesitate to come back and comment whenever you feel. Thank you again.

PenguinX3

11-09-2012

Hopefully if we can flood the forums with these, we'll get more attention.

PenguinX3

11-10-2012

Not sure if it fixed it or not, but I followed another post from yesterday that was explaining a way that they had found to help raise their FPS in game. It was to update your Adobe AIR. I found out I was really out of date. Well anyways, I updated and only just tried the game out today because I got.. distracted.. (X-com) till about 20 minutes ago. The game actually worked without the "Attempting to Reconnect" error coming up. Didn't help the FPS though.. Still, worth a try huh?

Zaylen

11-10-2012

I've got the same problem, i restore my modem called my isp and nothing, I even formated my pc yesterday and it worked for like 5 matches and today the same problem again, please riot give us some attention, what we are supposed to do?!

Saucexi

11-10-2012

same problem... how do i fix this

PenguinX3

11-10-2012

Did you guys try what I said?

Neon Kitty

11-10-2012

Thought I'd add my own story with this one.

This morning i had around 3-5 games and in every single one (even when at champ select and even in the home page) I'd get randomly disconnected from PVP.net... every 3-5 seconds, while in-game, I'd get attempting to reconnect with the same frequency, as everyone appeared to finish their last action or freeze in place (ambient sounds and idle animations would play).

Now I've been lucky in that half the games i played i could count on my team, but it was costing me everything in terms of being useful to my team.

I'm not sure what the latest hotfix or patches have done (starting with the kha zix patch most notably), but this has never happened before, and has only gotten worse to this point. I have checked my ISP and to ensure that everything was normal, I even streamed internet radio as I played and there was 0 interruptions/jitteryness/disconnects. I have just installed league of legends having recently rebuilt my pc, if that info helps some, and before you ask, no, I have no virus' or anything like that.