[Suggestion] Summoner Name First Creation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auxarch

11-08-2012

Hi! Long time player and fan here.

I recently made a new account and noticed that the summoner name selection screen when you sign in for the first time has remained pretty much the same since I made my main account over 2 years ago.

It gets the job done, but there are a few frustrating quirks.

I had originally tried the name "PrimeIntellect," but I was notified that it was taken when I tried to hit enter. So, I simply clicked the at beginning of the text box, typed "The," and hit enter again. Unbeknownst to me, I had hit the character limit, so only "Th" was added. However, after hitting enter the interface instantly accepted my input and, before I had time to notice my error, my name was set in stone.

So with all the wonderful new changes that have been introduced lately, it would be nice if one or two things could be added to help prevent such a thing from happening again (I can't have been the only one) and also make selecting a name a much easier process.

1) A button to check name availability such as there already exists in the store under the summoner name change.
2) A confirmation dialog prompting the user if they are sure the input is correct.

Either (or both) of these changes would solve the problem.

Thanks for your time!

Auxarch

11-16-2012

It'd be great if I could get some sort of feedback on this. I know it's relatively minor, but it seems sloppy to have an unpolished name creation system and then charge 1300 RP to change your name.
This is a frustrating problem for new players (as it was for me way back when it happened).

Frost Unit

11-16-2012

There doesn't seem to be a reason to NOT implement this!
It can only help players, doesn't seem to be any downsides at all.

And also, if you do not get the name you want, then you might just make a new account. Therefore taking away even more names, on accounts that will never be used.

Auxarch

11-21-2012

Nice point, xSnipe

This is such a simple thing. I really hope someone at Riot sees this.

JJ Unbreakable

11-21-2012

I'll agree with having a confirmation for your summoner name.
This has happened to me on more than one occasion and it's not a good feeling to be branded incorrectly for life (or have to pay money to fix it).