I HATE playing support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

11-09-2012

Without a Support, you don't have an ADC either.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

http://elohell.net/chill/177831/

Go here. Trust me. You will love support after this.

t0ad5

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
http://elohell.net/chill/177831/

Go here. Trust me. You will love support after this.

Funny, thanks!

lCrystal

11-09-2012

lol. u obviously don't have support runes. moreover, support gets money items and gold from assists. :/

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Support is not an unless role(I assume you meant useless)

Support can carry many games at low elo, and at higher elo they keep you from losing games.

Supports job:

1.) Make it safe for the ADC to farm. Weather its zoning or setting up a kill for the ADC.

2.) WARD. If you ward your half of the map during the laning phase (Their jungle if they get pushed, will help your jungler counter jungle) and the entire map during the rest, you will make your team win many more games.

Having an un warded map will make you lose so many games. I cannot stress this enough. Warding (DESPITE WHAT ROLE I PLAY) is what has carried me out of the 900 elo I once resided, and put me up around 1300 until I got tired of playing ranked because its so stressful to solo que. If you ward, you have opportunities to pick off people who are out alone.

3.) Have MAP awareness. Generally, you're not focusing on farming. Its your job to look around the map and ping for incoming ganks, opportunities, or where wards have been placed. Also, if you see a ward, tell your team after your ping "Ward here"

4.) Support your team with their needs. If they are getting squished by the enemy team, buy an Aegis. If they are severely lacking damage and your team is mostly AD, buy a Zeke's Herald. If your team is AP Heavy, buy a Will of the Ancients. If your team is slow, buy a Shurelia's. If they are heavily AD build a Frozen Heart OR Randiun's if someone on your team already has a Frozen Heart.

5.) You have extra free time. Use it to keep the peace, and don't let people rage because it will only cause people on your team to play bad, and sit and type instead of farm/kill.

Some of these are good habits to have in general, but as a support you must do these. If you don't like supporting, you're looking at it wrong. I look at support as an opportunity to be an ass. Just be annoying. Heal a minion their ADC is going to last hit, Poke them, buy a pink ward and delete their ward, do EVERYTHING you normally hate being done to you when you're playing. You don't have ANYTHING else to focus on besides warding, be annoying to their ADC.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-09-2012

The only time I get frustrated playing support is when I spend all my gold buying wards, then when someone shows up on a ward, I ping (and sometimes even type) a warning or alert, and my teammates make no use of that information. This is the equivalent of building a Rabadon's Deathcap on Riven.

Tanathalis

11-09-2012

I honestly still think your trolling.

Sephïroth

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
The only time I get frustrated playing support is when I spend all my gold buying wards, then when someone shows up on a ward, I ping (and sometimes even type) a warning or alert, and my teammates make no use of that information. This is the equivalent of building a Rabadon's Deathcap on Riven.

I know the knee jerk reaction when you realize you've spend 1500 gold (20 wards) on a game, and you feel like it could have been better spent.

You're support, its not your job to get items. That's why most of their skillsets are not item reliant. I'd much rather go all game only having 2 GP5 items and no others and ward the **** out of the map than not.

I understand at lower elo's how frustrating it is to watch people have no map awareness whatsoever. You're just going to have to stick with it until you get into an Elo where they may not have map awareness on their own, but 90% of games if you ping they'll hear you.

Some games were lost from the second "irkinggodman388753" joined the game and was on your team. Meh, just gotta shrug it off and go on with your bad self. Hell, use the game that you're obviously going to surrender at 20 to try some stuff out, build wise or combos.

Supporting is one of those jobs that completely defies the logic of what you do on every other character.

Joe Krake

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post

A support can only be as good as their team.

Oshiet

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueballssss View Post
Whats the point when u can't get farm and gold to buy items to make that ult as powerful as it can be?
Buy GP5 items. I used to think supporting was retarded because I didn't understand how I could afford wards/items without farm and kills. Buying 2-3 gp5/10 items (I buy 3 if I'm playing a caster support) lets a support keep up in gold so they can afford to ward and buy items that help the team. In most cases, a good support that wards and sets up kills for carries can change an entire game.

Have you ever been in that situation where you're running from 1-3 enemy players with 200 hp left and a support heals you, stuns/slows them and/or even takes a death for you? Would you still call them useless?