Superheroes Roleplay.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Morgana View Post
On a side note, just because you have characters supposedly 'inspired' by League of Legends (proof of which you've yet to give us), that doesn't give you the right to post anything concerning them here. They're unrelated.
League Characters are unrelated to League?

Wut

Dear Morgana

11-08-2012

I mean that they're being in another context that doesn't apply because it's not specifically taking place in League of Legends.

That's like that saying that a thread involving roleplay of Dante in the MvC universe would belong on a purely DMC forum (I know that's a poor analogy).

You never said that they're specifically League characters. Just that they're 'based on them'. That's not the same.

Yakera

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Morgana View Post
As Elise said, you're ignoring the fact that these are the League of Legends roleplaying forums. This is not the place to reach out to anybody interested in your roleplaying-and frankly, even if it was, starting off by insulting us is a poor move.

You say that it's a small thread among thousands. Still, by posting the thread, you accept that we will be bothered by its existence, rendering you're 'Just ignore this if you don't like it' argument null and void. Asking us to ignore this is like blaring us in the ears with something annoying with a megaphone and saying, when we get understandably upset, that we should just ignore it. How would that make any sense? It wouldn't then and it wouldn't here.

I can't help but feel as though I'm repeating what everybody else just said, so I'll just leave after saying that your usage of emoticons-specifally <3-does nothing to drive your point home and just makes you look like a condescending ass.
I quite like the use of emoticons, I use it as a way to show I'm not just sitting at my computer, all red faced and angry. The heart was to show that I care about everyone's statements. To prove that I am in fact reading them all and paying attention. Just because I don't adhere to what was said doesn't mean I don't pay attention to it.

And in fact, it is a place to reach out to those with the purpose and interest in roleplay. Well, I certainly wouldn't have posted this in the "Champion Feedback" thread. And besides, the fact that I deftly stated how this related to League in my first post should make it even more okay, because they are in fact, related.

I also digress when you compare me to a megaphone. If the voice of a single thread (That you don't even need to click to begin with) was as loud as a megaphone would be... Well, then my time would be put towards other agendas.

AskÉlise

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakera View Post
I claim neither, now. If you would like to read my very first post.

Look! LOL (League Of Legends Multilayer Online Battle Arena Game)! It must be magic! Ooooohhhh....

And on the youtube channel comment. I disagree. If we were to relate this to youtube, it would fall under the category of me posting a video, and all of you showing up with the intent of going to another persons youtube channel and posting your own. It's rude, obnoxious, and just plain unruly.

And to Irie: I'm sorry. xD I have used Devout as a verb for ages, and never realised it wasn't.
Just because you have characters based off of champions, gives you 0 right to come into the LOL RP forums to advertise your stuff. With that logic, I have the right to arrest people because I have an attire based off of a police officer. Must be magic right? And yes, the youtube channel is a fitting example, youtube is a place where people go to post videos on their channel, posting your own channel in theirs is rude, and obnoxious. Now, compare that to here! You are advertising a RP forum in another RP forum.. which is rude and obnoxious.

The very fact you failed to see the example makes me question your intelligence. Now, I'm done arguing with you, and I'm going to allow this thread to die.

Good day.

Yakera

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskÉlise View Post
Just because you have characters based off of champions, gives you 0 right to come into the LOL RP forums to advertise your stuff. With that logic, I have the right to arrest people because I have an attire based off of a police officer. Must be magic right? And yes, the youtube channel is a fitting example, youtube is a place where people go to post videos on their channel, posting your own channel in theirs is rude, and obnoxious. Now, compare that to here! You are Advertising a RP forum in another RP forum.. which is rude and obnoxious.

The very fact you failed to see the example makes me question your intelligence. Now, I'm done arguing with you, and I'm going to allow this thread to die.

Good day.
Well, I must say, the first comparison there would not be under the lines of attire. It's like having an occupation based off that of a police officer.

Second point, I'm sorry my thoughts of your quite nondescript example differed from yours. I wish people would all live under a similar mind-set, but that is not the case. Also, it is quite rude and disrespectful to insult someone's intelligence for not believing your opinion.

Thirdly, it's night where I reside. So I wish you goodnight and hope you have a nice sleep. (Even if it's already morning, because you will go back to sleep eventually.)

Dear Morgana

11-08-2012

Like them you may, but they make you seem like you're smiling at everything people say in a mocking fashion.

And going along with what Elise said, that doesn't mean that it suddenly belongs here because it has character's mildly based off of ones in LoL.

Does it take place in the LoL universe?

Does it directly connect to existing characters, locations, or events? Is it about Ezreal and Lux going on a date, for example?

If not, it doesn't belong here.

While the metaphor of a megaphone was admittedly sloppy, the point is that the thread exists, and you can't expect us to ignore something that we don't like.

Elise wasn't insulting your intelligence because you disagreed with her. She was insulting your intelligence because you managed to respond while completely ignoring how her example could make sense. You dismissed her opinion first.

Poniesareawesome

11-09-2012

If you dislike the roleplay that happens here chances are you aren't going to find the kind of people you want in your superhero RP.

Try advertising around comic forums (where allowed) and you might find more like minded people.