Is Annie viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

11-09-2012

http://www.championselect.net/champ/Annie

Yes. She's viable.

Her spells have such a short cooldown the combo is really up to the situation, as any combination of her spells can be used pretty effectively.

Judas Priest

11-10-2012

What I've been seeing is the success of playing as Annie rellies on staying behind your team, then you cast cast a combo in the middle of the team fight, retreat, wait cooldown to refresh, cast something again, retreat and so on... do you guys play Annie like this?

Etherimp

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
What I've been seeing is the success of playing as Annie rellies on be behind your team, cast a combo in the middle of the team fight, retreat, wait cooldown to refresh, cast something again, retreat and so on... do you guys play Annie like this?

Here's the bottom line..

There's a lot which goes into making any champion strong or weak:

Farming, Poke, Sustain, Burst, CC, Mobility, Range, and Scaling.

Annie has great Burst, Great CC, decent Scaling, decent Poke, decent Sustain, bad Mobility, bad Range, and sub-par Farming.

Her CC and Burst damage are amazing, but she is not the best farmer.

If she's up against someone with a lot of mobility, poke, and sustain, she can have troubles laning against them.

If the enemy jungler ganks her lane a lot, she can have troubles farming.

All of that said, she has amazing team-fight presence with her AOE CC and Burst damage. If you can get an early kill in the laning phase, ward appropriately to avoid being ganked, and continue to farm through mid-game and pick up some kills through ganking side-lanes or helping your jungler, then Annie can set herself up for a dominant late game.

She's a viable champion you just need to know how to play her and when not to play her.

Also, pick up items which give her straight up burst damage with a little additional survivability. Mana is not an issue for her, but HP is.

Rush Deathcap, get Sorc Shoes, RoA, DFG, Void Staff, Then whatever other high AP items you want.

Judas Priest

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
Here's the bottom line..

There's a lot which goes into making any champion strong or weak:

Farming, Poke, Sustain, Burst, CC, Mobility, Range, and Scaling.

Annie has great Burst, Great CC, decent Scaling, decent Poke, decent Sustain, bad Mobility, bad Range, and sub-par Farming.

Her CC and Burst damage are amazing, but she is not the best farmer.

If she's up against someone with a lot of mobility, poke, and sustain, she can have troubles laning against them.

If the enemy jungler ganks her lane a lot, she can have troubles farming.

All of that said, she has amazing team-fight presence with her AOE CC and Burst damage. If you can get an early kill in the laning phase, ward appropriately to avoid being ganked, and continue to farm through mid-game and pick up some kills through ganking side-lanes or helping your jungler, then Annie can set herself up for a dominant late game.

She's a viable champion you just need to know how to play her and when not to play her.

Also, pick up items which give her straight up burst damage with a little additional survivability. Mana is not an issue for her, but HP is.

Rush Deathcap, get Sorc Shoes, RoA, DFG, Void Staff, Then whatever other high AP items you want.
Thank you for your attention, your post clarifies a lot of aspects to me. Could you give some examples of tough lane opponents for Annie and of easy ones? Should I decide to play as Annie or not based on the opponent's mobility, range and sustainability?

Rezo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Quote:
Thank you for your attention, your post clarifies a lot of aspects to me. Could you give some examples of tough lane opponents for Annie and of easy ones? Should I decide to play as Annie or not based on the opponent's mobility, range and sustainability?
Look at this link for examples: http://www.championselect.net/champ/Annie

If I am going mid against annie I always pick Brand....that is a very very strong counter to annie.

Edit: In a nut shell, if they have to get within range to you annie usually does good...if they don't annie usually doesnt.

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

combo order:
1RQW with 1 being DFG and her sheild being whenever you want it.
if you can get a good CC initiator (read: malphite), you can combo with him to stunlock and pretty much win in 5 secs

Etherimp

11-11-2012

Quote:

Basically, anyone who out-ranges her Q is dangerous. (Cassio, Brand.)

Go Boots + 3 pots first to help you through the early levels against champions with good mobility/poke/skill shots.. (like brand)

That said, Brand is dangerous because his combo is just as bursty as yours and he has better range. If you can remove his range advantage he isn't as bad. Cassio is dangerous because once she gets a DoT on you she can spam Q and burst you down really quick from long range.. Again not a good match up.

Read championselect.com for more good/bad matchups.

Always go 21/9/0 and grab the HP and MR masteries.

Make sure you have MR Blues.

Magic Pen Reds, Mana Regen Yellows, MR Per Level Blues, and flat AP Quints

Flash + Ignite is your best option for summoners.

Try to farm safely with your Q until level 6. Only poke with Q if you have your stun up and you can freely trade without any reprisal.

Make sure you mix auto-attacks inbetween spells.. DFG, R (Stun), Autoattack, Q, Autoattack, W, autoattack, E, Ignite, Q, Auto Attack.

You throw in the E to get to your next stun as quickly as possible assuming they are still alive.

This should kill just about any mid AP Carry who isn't stacking HP/MR and/or outlevels you. You should be looking for this combo at level 6 (minus the DFG assuming you don't have one yet.)

Make sure you learn to micro-manage your tibbers by holding Alt+clicking to keep him doing AOE damage to them while they run away.

Judas Priest

11-12-2012

Thanks for your posts, I have a better understand of Annie's gameplay now. Thank you!