[SWAIN] Torment? Not what I was promised

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nutspanther

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2010

well do we potentially get refunded for false advertisement if we payed RP for it?

Etyn

10-05-2010

Less QQ, more Pew Pew

Irongrinder

10-05-2010

I was more interested in him for LAZER BYRD, not because of a damage over time effect.

Still, I see your point. I've no experience with Maledict, and very little experience with DotA, but perhaps Riot will clear this up in the future.

Fyrepyro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
It was that way when I recorded it. Then I was at WCG and couldn't make updates.

We changed it because he had no direct damage, so it was weird to have this front-loaded damage amp be really useless since he had no innate front-loaded damage. Players felt like they were missing out on a potentially cool ability, so we decided to save it for someone who could make use of this mechanic. This way you don't feel bad for having DoT skills.

I'm sure we'll see the old version of the spell back some day on someone else
I appreciate the comment, but is there anyway it could be changed? Maybe add the effect to the bird and put the slow on torment? Change torment to a hard nuke or something that makes him fun. I know he was just released but I believe a lot of people are disappointed.

Simpuhl

10-05-2010

I want my money back

Nephthylii

10-05-2010

So do I. This is infuriating.

Duel

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
It was that way when I recorded it. Then I was at WCG and couldn't make updates.

We changed it because he had no direct damage, so it was weird to have this front-loaded damage amp be really useless since he had no innate front-loaded damage. Players felt like they were missing out on a potentially cool ability, so we decided to save it for someone who could make use of this mechanic. This way you don't feel bad for having DoT skills.

I'm sure we'll see the old version of the spell back some day on someone else
That's a poor reason to scrap this skill on him. Why not make it just the way maledict is? Make it so that health loss due to any source (not just from Swain) increases the periodic dmg by some number?

Fyrepyro

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duel View Post
That's a poor reason to scrap this skill on him. Why not make it just the way maledict is? Make it so that health loss due to any source (not just from Swain) increases the periodic dmg by some number?
This could be a solution, switching him from single target killer to aoe support. The only issue is probably for skills like Xin Zhao's Ultimate and DFG. DotA had Dagon but was still somehow balanced

Commander Yordle

10-05-2010

Sounds like a classic bait and switch to me.

DhaVhe

10-05-2010

Swain is the worst champ i've ever seen, one Swain is capable to ruin the game due to his bad design.
A ton of dmg, slow, lifesteal and the best is he has no cooldown.
If you target him 3v1 you can kill him, but do that in a team fight and your team will be killed.
Seriously Swain is even worst than the first Xin, this time Riot really really screw the game with this champ.
And i'm not the only one who thinks this champ sux.

12345612 ... 14