Calls or Pick Order

Calls 39 19.12%
Pick Order 165 80.88%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

"Shotgun" Calls or Pick Order?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bhargo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I'd like pick order to become the standard, but all it takes is one person throwing a tantrum because they "called" mid but were last pick and didn't get it to ruin a game. People are just way to immature to ever have a standardized system for picking.

SilentSounds

11-08-2012

agreed x 100000

Fredgerd

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakan View Post
or if the guy your trying to trade with doesn't have the champ you want.
Well yes there is that. I own like 80 something champions so I tend to forget that not everyone does sometimes.

Fredgerd

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSounds View Post
agreed x 100000
With what?

Zombielovers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodan View Post
I believe a Rioter said that Pick Order is more correct. At least, that's what's been spread on the forums.

In any case, even if we thought calling should be honored over pick order, there's no real way to enforce it. If you call a role someone can just ignore you and take the role because they get to pick before you and then you're stuck with the choice of either sticking to what you called or messing up the comp. Even though its technically the other person's fault for not talking to you about it, he's forced you into a situation where you'll look like the bad guy if you do pick what you called.

Obviously like you said talking it out would be better, but people are just going to pick what they want. Pick order is coded into the game and let's them do so and there's not really anything we can say against it.
If you don't want to go with the pick order, play blind. Of course there is a nice way to go about things, but the person first in the pick order is not the "bad guy".

pochoclotot

11-08-2012

Only people in solo queue who support "calling roles" are people who get 4th and 5th pick.

It's simple, if you get to pick first you get to pick your role, of course it would be awesome to be able to communicate and reach consensus, but the community is just too inmature for that.

CourtOfMiracles

11-08-2012

I think that discussion is always best. However if that fails pick order is the fairest way to do it, as it either random or elo based (depending on normal/ranked draft) and doesn't revolve around arbitrary factors (like typing speed or loading speed, which are irrelevant to who should be entitled).

H Minnow

11-08-2012

Personally I think everyone should open up by calling a role, then working out who gets what. If talking it over is important, then everyone should lay down what they want to do first. Just because you call the role doesn't mean you'll get it but most of the time you can. Its a mixture to be honest. The problem with pick order is it leaves people on lower picks angry because they often get pigeonholed into something they don't like, oftentimes support, and then you have an angry player who doesn't care. The problems with the calling system is pretty much the same when 2 people call the same role. Both systems share a common problem. The biggest problem is that people often become supporters of what side they are on when the time comes to it. If your a high pick and someone calls your role, you'll pick it anyway and say you had first pick. If you call a role and someone above you takes it, you'll say that you called it first. The problem is the fickleness of it all. I bet half the people who said pick order will still call their role if they are lower in picks and still get mad if they don't get it.

IalreadyHateYou

11-08-2012

Pick order.
Also, the whole "counter-pick" argument shouldn't really be applied to low elo. There isn't enough skill down here for it to matter if you counter picked someone. The only counter I have consistently seen is Teemo ****ty on melees. Other than that, nothing. I've seen more Talons get dumped on mid than I can believe.

BlazingSalvo

11-08-2012

"I can type faster than you and/or got into the chatroom sooner than you, therefore I am more suited to perform this role than you."