My Favorite Thing About New TT

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
The capture gold bonus is still there though. I'm currently evaluating whether it's injecting too much gold into the game.
Too much gold? Really? The map currently suffers from a complete LACK of gold income. Extremely frustrating trying to get gold in this map and being forced into an afk farm fest just like in SR if you actually want to purchase items. Luckily most games i've played haven't devolved into farm fests completely (buying a gold item as first item helps immensely) but the lack of gold is still frustrating.

Incoming downvotes bla bla but I honestly feel there needs to be a boost to ambient gold generation.

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
No more minion kiting to 55 minutes.
What elo were you playing at that has 55 minute 3v3s? o_O

Saucey

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
It is not old TT. Yup, I said it.

No more minion kiting to 55 minutes.

I can 3 man push last tower now when the enemy is down a player.

Taking inhibs is actually helpful to you instead of the enemy.

Vilemaw likes to dance with meh.

My friends will actually play it with me now.

All in all, I am much happier with the way things turned out. Well done Riot, well done.
no offense but its not their fault you guys decided not to keep the pressure on. if they can turtle its obviously you guys cant push. i mean i love what they did inside the base but thats pretty much all i like about the new map. next time just keep pushing. ive lost many games because a team would comeback by turtling why? because we decided to not continue pushing. we caused the match.

cobbi

11-09-2012

@RiotNome what is the Riot teams thought process behind the alters now unlocking at three minutes instead of two?
It feels to me as if this change will just discourage early aggression/fighting, and in turn make the first few minutes of TT boring for lower skilled players, whilst encouraging higher skilled players to attempt to push minion waves, to force pressure, and in turn create an opening to deny the enemy their alter at 3 minutes.
What are your thoughts behind the new changes and how accurate am I, if at all, with my above statement?
Oh i should also probably mention that I am no way highly skilled at twisted treeline and would consider myself to be decent at best (My ranked team is like 1500 Elo 9 wins - 1 loss) and I am just looking for insight into your design changes.

Taiyodori

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Arisu View Post
What elo were you playing at that has 55 minute 3v3s? o_O
Not talking for Shinobi, but I've experienced the same, even between 1500 and 1600 elo.
Not saying each game ended up turtling, but about every 5th game (ranked) was a turtling game until 40-60 minutes in the game. Quite boring tbh, regardless whether you were on the turtling team or not...
Plus the fact that taking inhibitors was an absolutely "no go", if you wanted to win, always seemed to be some kind of stupid design.

Rejuvination

11-09-2012

i appreciate Riot's realization that something is missing with the new map, but i feel sad that they are against what i believe is the real problem- no wards in TT, and its a gank fest. Wards in TT, its a farming/escape ganks competition. i think TT players still like to pick champs that scale with items well, whether it be from ganking to get money for them or from farming with altars. It doesn't seem to be working in favor of the farming ones very well, while gank champs are way too strong with the only way to "counter" camping/ganking is to rely on a relatively long Grez's/Sweeper cooldown compared to wards.

PurpleURP

11-10-2012

nome,
the only thing that makes the new map playable is that there is so much gold injected into it. This keeps teams down 1-12 in the game, which is a good thing! Taking out the altars all together is the best option. They force fights yes, but making those a buff camp instead would accomplish the same task. While you make the argument that not all heros can get the buff camp leading more bruisers and jungle heavy team comps coming into play, how is that any different from now? The new map is already all about brusiers anyway. Additionally, no adc or mage can get the altar by themselves, it take the whole team there. Altars add nothing that a buff camp don't and quite simply the altars are just quite annoying.

please consider this nome, also bring back old TT you rascally dog