@Pendragon, a sincere plea from a banned player

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masochist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurmoudy View Post
Except thats not what im saying. I wasnt like "HAHAHAHA IM GONNA BE A SNEAKY DICK AND THEN FEIGN REPENTENCE TEHEHEE".

I now know what I did probally was not the best course of action, and i could have behave 200 times better if u just put the effort up to it. I just dont feel like I got the chance to have acted on it
That is exactly what you were saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurmoudy View Post
Well heres the thing. I had the mindset of i was TRULY that bad, riot would have said something instead of allowing for it to go on for so long. Ill admit sometimes i was a jerk, but was I outright bannable in my actions? no. not at all.

things arent always that black and white.
The proof is in the pudding.

MlSFlT

11-09-2012

@ cuddlybearmrwmew- well the guys not dying, he can still make a new account and play lol, so technically he has an unlimited number of chances to improve his gaming behaviour. However he should still get punished for the poor behaviour that he already admitted to. You don't know the details of what he did so you really don't have any grounds to say give him one more chance or anything like that. The rioters had the information they needed to deal out the punishment they gave him. We don't have enough information on this case to even form an opinion on what to do, because we don't have any factual information regarding what happened.

Pooterfly

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddlybearmewmew View Post
you dont speak for me. he should be subject to the process. If he keeps ****ing up then he will be promptly removed. people should be given more then 1 chance.
He was. He continually ran his mouth game after game after game. That's a LOT of chances.

Hiriko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

The thing is, Riot does this all the time. Tribunal is what follows the increasing punishment. Riot doesn't need to follow this rule.

You see not everyone who needs to go through tribunal is going to get caught by tribunal that is just how it works. So Riot occasionally looks through cases themselves.

I don't know how long you have had your account, but over the years Riot occasionally does "purges" where they go in and look at cases themselves, handing out punishment for it. Sure I haven't seen a Great Purge happen of lately but that doesn't mean Riot isn't watching players from the shadows.

If anyone wants to play the "Well I haven't been warned yet, so I can break some of the Summoners Code" game, well then you have risked your account for punishment, and you have received punishment. The whole point of the increasing warning is to stop people early, however if you use it as a lifeline then... the system will not work for you.

The point is to go "Oh well ****, I have been a jerk and I didn't notice, well I'm going to stop now."

NOT "Oh haha I can be a jerk until I get a warning, then hey you know what its just a warning, maybe I'll keep being a jerk until I get that 1 day suspension then I'll stop after that."

Lemurmoudy

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiriko View Post
The thing is, Riot does this all the time. Tribunal is what follows the increasing punishment. Riot doesn't need to follow this rule.

You see not everyone who needs to go through tribunal is going to get caught by tribunal that is just how it works. So Riot occasionally looks through cases themselves.

I don't know how long you have had your account, but over the years Riot occasionally does "purges" where they go in and look at cases themselves, handing out punishment for it. Sure I haven't seen a Great Purge happen of lately but that doesn't mean Riot isn't watching players from the shadows.

If anyone wants to play the "Well I haven't been warned yet, so I can break some of the Summoners Code" game, well then you have risked your account for punishment, and you have received punishment. The whole point of the increasing warning is to stop people early, however if you use it as a lifeline then... the system will not work for you.

The point is to go "Oh well ****, I have been a jerk and I didn't notice, well I'm going to stop now."

NOT "Oh haha I can be a jerk until I get a warning, then hey you know what its just a warning, maybe I'll keep being a jerk until I get that 1 day suspension then I'll stop after that."
I believe ive had this game since about a year and a half.

Lemurmoudy

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooterfly View Post
He was. He continually ran his mouth game after game after game. That's a LOT of chances.
No you are correct, I just never felt like I was doing anything outrageously terrible that warranted an instant deathblow elbow from the sky.

WhyUNoTowerDive

11-09-2012

you deserved it since you knew what you were doing was wrong.

omg i know its wrong to murder but i'll murder anyways

*gets caught by police

omg im so sorry officer, i know what i did was wrong pls give me another chance and don't put me in jail pweaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!!!

Lemurmoudy

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUNoTowerDive View Post
you deserved it since you knew what you were doing was wrong.

omg i know its wrong to murder but i'll murder anyways

*gets caught by police

omg im so sorry officer, i know what i did was wrong pls give me another chance and don't put me in jail pweaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!!!

just no....just no.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

11-09-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

I'm going to go ahead and close this. The suspension was completely just and our support team has decided we will definitely not be undoing it.