Item Preview Tons of Mana, just one Tear

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Salvationier

11-08-2012

I hate to jump to conclusions, exspecially when I consider you to be one of the only if not the only Rioter that actually knows what theyre talking about, but why are you guys putting so many new shielding elements into the game?

You guys nerf the **** out of Assassins not because theyre over powered but because the community is at often times to dumb to be able to handle them. Then on top of that your adding more shielding abilities into the game as in this new staff and barrier. Doesnt this make Assassins that are already hard countered by themselves even more countered?

Like I said I dont want to jump to conclusions because I know you guys are changing alot this season but it really seems like your beating a dead horse.

Im sure I'll be proved wrong once a few patches hit but still it just feels that way.

General Farsight

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
The passive is mostly the same, with one key difference: Tear of the Goddess used to trigger on spellcasts; now it triggers when you spend Mana, including through the use of channeled effects. While these two effects are one and the same for most characters, any character that has a channeled effect that costs mana will now be able to use Tears to greater effect. Characters like Anivia and Karthus who were already excellent with Tear of the Goddess now have additional ways to trigger it, while some characters like Singed and Ashe will have a newfound ability to trigger Tear of the Goddess from their toggled abilities, opening up new item paths for those characters.
I must admit, this right here worries me a bit. I always assumed Tear didn't work with toggles to keep champion like Anivia and, more specifically, Singed from abusing it. I mean, with just a Rod of Ages and a Frozen Heart, you could have a somewhat hard to kill Singed right there... if he's allowed to stack a Tear, isn't there a worry about him becoming too much?

NotBuzzJack

11-08-2012

Will it still have the 2 second internal cooldown?

Stevev45

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raabemaster View Post
Is this better for ryze?

I think so if only because of the sheild and lower cost
Ya it's a lot less mana, so you will notice him hitting softer, but he will be able to start charging it sooner. So I can't tell.

InertBlowfish

11-08-2012

You just made Ryze FOTM.

Payton Pk

11-08-2012

Good Job!

Atahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-08-2012

I heard a spoiler from Morello that Manamune was getting the same treatment.

Even if you can't spoil what it does, can we hear what it's upgrade is called? Pretty please?

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Any chance we'll see Manamune get a similar facelift?

I haven't seen that item built in a long, long time.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-08-2012
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Will it still have the 2 second internal cooldown?
It's actually a 3 second internal cooldown - and yes.

Quote:
I must admit, this right here worries me a bit. I always assumed Tear didn't work with toggles to keep champion like Anivia and, more specifically, Singed from abusing it. I mean, with just a Rod of Ages and a Frozen Heart, you could have a somewhat hard to kill Singed right there... if he's allowed to stack a Tear, isn't there a worry about him becoming too much?
Potentially - but look at Singed's viable alternate: Rod of Ages, which gives him a similar amount of Mana (800 vs. 1000) and similar stats. While enabling tears on Singed might push him over the top - it wouldn't push him any more so than getting a fast Rod of Ages would.

Orbital Nuke

11-08-2012

I can see singes going all 3, especially depending on what manamune turns into, if anything.