Item Preview – Tons of Mana, just one Tear

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenîth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I am a bit sad that I can no longer stack 5 AA's and Deathcap...

RIP Nuke Nidalee...

marclops

11-08-2012

buff manamune

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-08-2012
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:

@Xyph - is the Bonus mana counter on Archangel's tied to the item (or tear component)? There are items which grant bonus mana (i.e. manamune). If it's not tied to the item specifically for the 750 count=upgrade to Seraph's Embrace, things like innate bonus mana gain per level, Ryze's Desperate Power, or even Clarity would enable builds that would exponentially speed up the rate that the Staff goes to Embrace.
Bonus Mana is tied to the 'Mana Charge' passive itself - which is tied to only the item itself. There's no getting around charging the item if you want it to upgrade.

Thryale

11-08-2012

Xyph, you make me sad. Now we will never be able to break the 1000 AP limit again.

Raabemaster

11-08-2012

Is this better for ryze?

I think so if only because of the sheild and lower cost

Professor Maple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

The big question is whether or not that's an interesting "splash" feature of a champion *or* if it's a core centerpiece of why you would pick them.
Could an item ever increase the range of a (ranged) champion or is that something considered a core centerpiece of champions like kog, trist, and cait.

Though I think even if the item gave +50 range and poor stats it would be really strong.

FishPasta

11-08-2012

Isn't there a good reason Blitz's passive doesn't actually steal mana? Aren't you concerned that because the item may effectively silence your character (and since you never actually upgrade it, there's no choice not to), it will be a worse item?

Planarian

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Bonus Mana is tied to the 'Mana Charge' passive itself - which is tied to only the item itself. There's no getting around charging the item if you want it to upgrade.
Thank. God.

UNPGriff

11-08-2012

But what about manamune, what will it's upgrade be?

Syrail

11-08-2012

Really curious to see if the same functionality is applied to Manamune (Muramana?)