Item Preview Tons of Mana, just one Tear

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kidou Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

NOOOOO! No more AA stacking!

yobweja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

so you're going to revert the sivir changes!?!?

Jushiiro

11-08-2012

items for AP that are actually defensive and offensive many likes

Tetroneaque

11-08-2012

I'd love to see something with the Manamune upgrading at full charges into something too, perhaps something with a bit of spell vamp for the AD casters like Pantheon and Urgot.

Jannuh F Kennedy

11-08-2012

How will you address champs like Ryze, Blitz and Singed?

Navn

11-08-2012

Just a heads up. 4 is not a factor of 750.

Kinnakoa

11-08-2012

Quote:
Characters like Anivia and Karthus who were already excellent with Tear of the Goddess now have additional ways to trigger it, while some characters like Singed and Ashe will have a newfound ability to trigger Tear of the Goddess from their toggled abilities, opening up new item paths for those characters.
Xypherous just gave me permission to build Tear on Ashe. Screw you guys, getting mana all game every game.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-08-2012
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
what's the point of rod of age now ? less mana, less ap, less mana regen, and also less hp compared to the hp shield.
Rod of Ages has a very clear purpose: It builds out of Catalyst and is best when rushed early as it gives you a huge mid-game boost and solid survivability statistics. The other part of this is that Seraph's embrace potentially gives you a 600 to 1k health shield for 2.5 seconds. Rod of Ages just gives you 600 health all the time.

They accomplish similar things but Seraph's allows you to go far more glass - and the two items also have a pretty decent synergy with each *other* as Catalyst -> Tears -> RoA -> AAA will create a very strong durable tank mage. So one is Mana + Spike Survivability and one is Mana + Passive Survivability and when combined together they give you a decent mix of passive survivability, spiked survivability and raw ability power that makes you a fairly well-rounded mage.

Rathour

11-08-2012

I read Seraph's embrace and my jaw hit the floor.
That's half of a Blitzcrank's passive every 2 minutes. That's awesome.
Edit: Blitzcrank just became more un-killable if he charges his staff.

Planarian

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
The point of Rod of Ages has been the same regardless of the situation: It builds out of Catalyst and is best when rushed early as it gives you a huge mid-game boost and solid survivability statistics. You see, Seraph's embrace potentially gives you a 600 to 1k health shield for 2.5 seconds. Rod of Ages just gives you 600 health all the time.

They accomplish similar things but Seraph's allows you to go far more glass - and the two items also have a pretty decent synergy with each *other* as Catalyst -> Tears -> RoA -> AAA will create a very strong durable tank mage.
Hopefully you don't mind the repost but I am concerned about this:

@Xyph - is the Bonus mana counter on Archangel's tied to the item (or tear component)? There are items which grant bonus mana (i.e. manamune). If it's not tied to the item specifically for the 750 count=upgrade to Seraph's Embrace, things like innate bonus mana gain per level, Ryze's Desperate Power, or even Clarity would enable builds that would exponentially speed up the rate that the Staff goes to Embrace.

Intended? Not possible?