Teemo is broken.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wasted Soldier

11-15-2012

ive managed to shut out well played teemos as Mundo. By the time he hits lvl 6 im health regening/magic resisting enough to go around hitting shrooms just because I like the sound

BiG Cantaloupe

11-15-2012

RiotNome told me he didn't have a problem with Teemo on this map and to buy ****ty stealth detecting items and to suck it up. good luck bro.

LoveL

11-15-2012

Was about to make this same post myself, on a wardless map, free wards are just too powerful. Get rid of the vision or the slow, or nerf the AP but right now they are just too good.

buttsKramer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

a

Crippled Owl

11-15-2012

Hey, I experienced Teemo frustration for a long time. As a constant solo queuer I would like to disclaimer that you can only do so much to help your team against a Teemo. However, you can make a build that will help you, and without necessarily building purely vs the Teemo. Going wardless and sightless is a bit of a risk, but also possible with a reasonable amount MR. Merc treads are an obvious must get, and often help vs the other champs on the Teemo's team. Secondly, a hexdrinker if you're AD is a nice addition if you do physical dmg; whereas a force of nature will pretty much cancel any dmg a shroom will do vs a bulkier champion. As an AP it gets a little trickier since the resists really taper into the abyssal scepter or chalice- which are heavy investments in 3s. A better alternative would be some of the bulky AP items, like the torch or rod or rylias.

More importantly, however, is knowing the enemies Teemo. Teemo is effectively a one trick pony that can cause problems if you keep falling for his one trick. Which is essentially getting the team to chase him and pop his shrooms.

Now, popping the shroom can be a problem against a fed Teemo, I've seen it drop 1/3rd a champs health in a truly lost game. This does create a scenario where entering brush or even the alter areas a suicide mission unless you reveal the brush or get an oracles before trying for an alter.

Either way, fed or not fed, a popped mushroom means Teemo's team is alerted to your presence- YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS. This helps you, because a) you know they'll be positioning around the person hit (especially if his shrooms are doing dmg to your team), and b)the shroom is gone. Granted, you've taken a smack to face, but if it was brush- you now have the superior vision from inside the brush, and can potentially put together a decent team fight.

You break down a Teemo by never letting the Teemo gain map superiority. Basically, force the fights your team would want to fight. Push a lane with an ichor and watch the Teemo crawl back and forth into the bushes and base while waiting for a bigger teammate to initiate- and a soon as the Teemo has to commit, bomb him or whatever will die fastest. There are a dozen champs with a better poke, dozens of champs with better utility, and really all other champions outshine Teemo in a forced team fight. Most importantly don't let shroom attrition phase you, as long as you're with your team and prepared for a fight, the Teemo will be the one frustrated trying to squirm his way into a fight without dying.

Once again, I mainly do solo queue, and a well played enemy Teemo can be a challenge. But their success usually comes from synergizing with their team, like Singed is a great a compliment to Teemo. The only way you're going to counter that is by reinforcing your team's strengths, and playing a solo (yet conducive) strategy that will benefit your teammates.

Rumination

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchnitz View Post
It doesn't matter what kind of combo you pick for your team, if the other team has a halfway decent teemo on the team... you lose. The fact that they got rid of wards in threes is understandable on such a small map, but teemo has endless wards that slow people and deal ridiculous damage. If teemo has a blackfire torch then one shroom can easily take away half your health. It's time for a change. Teemo needs nurfed or changed. Or oracles elixir needs to not disappear after you die just after 5 min.
Nope, you're just bad.

Abeem

11-16-2012

I really like to play Teemo on TT for this reason everyone hates. Free wards. Makes him very useful.

But c'mon now....there are other champs who outplay Teemo on every level. Almost every time I play against a Rengar on TT he smacks me around like a little toy yordle, jumping out of the bushes and stuff. Same thing with Kha'Zix.

migty1joe

11-16-2012

Yes i hope they nerf his shrooms to the ground. To much global cc map control.

Final Valentine

11-16-2012

I logged on to say just this, teemo is not broken. I main teemo and fiora on 3s. You just need to know to build mr and watch out for shrooms. Teemo is just in the team fight for his blind and poison. You just to focus him and shut him down. Never let him farm either a farming or fed teemo is a scary thing just need to catch him off guard away from team. The only thing you should fear is a Darius with a Teemo if they have both its gg.