Fiora Bug Nerfs Her "W" Riposte Ability

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Just to clarify for the people who say that no one plays Fiora, I'm off to play her right now. She's fun, I just don't play her in ranked, really...

Pizza Poker Guy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
Just to clarify for the people who say that no one plays Fiora, I'm off to play her right now. She's fun, I just don't play her in ranked, really...
I play her too, but you basically just made a good point. She isn't a competive choice to make. She is a kill or be killed champion. A melee character should never have a snowball mentality as once the get behind they are done for. Especially her who has no escape.

Pizza Poker Guy

11-08-2012

Also, according to lol kingz website s low as 1.5% to 3% of all games she is played in.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Seriously it's dumb that she doesn't actually block the next attack. Her ability Riposte literally does not function as written, even if that's intentional.

If it's some sort of coding issue, just make her automatically dodge the next attack that would hit her. If it's a balance issue, it's a really dumb one. Fiora is underrepresented, underpowered, and having a niche as a counter to champs with strong on hit effects would make her at least slightly better.

Pizza Poker Guy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatorture View Post
Seriously it's dumb that she doesn't actually block the next attack. Her ability Riposte literally does not function as written, even if that's intentional.

If it's some sort of coding issue, just make her automatically dodge the next attack that would hit her. If it's a balance issue, it's a really dumb one. Fiora is underrepresented, underpowered, and having a niche as a counter to champs with strong on hit effects would make her at least slightly better.
I just don't understand how something can apply a on-hit effect that didn't hit you?

Kari Arisu

11-08-2012

It's just Fiora having bad champion design.

Pizza Poker Guy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Arisu View Post
It's just Fiora having bad champion design.
They just need to make her work as she essentially was intended to work.

Multi

11-09-2012

There's no rule that says every champion needs to be a competitive pick, there just needs to be a large enough pool of competitive picks.

I'm pretty sure Riot prefers underpowered champions, since they don't cause any problems in games. Only complaints from players.

Apollinarius

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEpistle View Post
Sorry, but what? Fiora is already an underwhelming champion who is not really a viable pick in 9 out of 10 games, who suffers from a lack of defense and sustain that makes tryn and yi look awesome, and we are fixing a bug... nerfing her.. making her even weaker?

How does this make sense at all? That was basically her only escape skill. I use it half the time to prevent frozen mallet procs. I'm sorry but if you are going to nerf her, then just buff her to compensate because she is already a weaker champion to use.
That's how the block/parry mechanic has always worked. I just wish she was able to block tower hits like Pantheon, but you can't have everything.

Fiora's a very strong pick on TT and in Dominion. She is a great duelist (har har) and shines in small skirmishes. She just has a moderately weak laning phase and gets shut down when 5 champions are wailing on her. Mid to late game, she can 1v2 strong champions like Jax or Jayce because her damage is insane.

Alkavas

11-16-2012

It's one thing if it's an "on next attack" buff, such as Leona's stun (as I can see it being rather game-breaking if it parried that), but if it's an "on all attacks" effect, such as Teemo's poison, or the Frozen Mallet slow effect, it should be parried right along with the attack itself. It's not an egregious nerf or buff one way or the other, but still, it would be nice if it followed some semblance of logic.