Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Possible Solution for Windows 7 64 bit users (Launcher has experienced an error)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ioku

10-05-2010

Alright so the "launcher has experienced an error. Please close" bla bla bla problem has plagued me for over a month with every patch, I've tried reinstalling and everything. Today I finally got it.

I uninstalled my LoL and re-downloaded the client. When it asks you to install select "custom", create a folder on your desktop named whatever (mine is called League of Legends) choose that folder as your directory to install and run your game from there. I did this and everything patched perfectly.

Hopefully this helps a few people.

Leeessang

10-05-2010

Do I have to re download the client? can't i just re install and install with the custom settings? o_O

Ioku

10-05-2010

Quote:
Bass Fullbuster:
Do I have to re download the client? can't i just re install and install with the custom settings? o_O

You can try, I thought maybe something might have been wrong with my files/directory so i just did it all at once to be safe.

But try it out and see what happens.

Leeessang

10-05-2010

Quote:
xNyQuilx:
You can try, I thought maybe something might have been wrong with my files/directory so i just did it all at once to be safe.

But try it out and see what happens.

alright. I hope this works.. -_-

showerhead

10-05-2010

This worked for me thanks

Ioku

10-05-2010

Glad to know it works for more than just me

SltrHouse

10-05-2010

i'll have to try this, but i wonder why it JUST started happening for me...

un perdant cri

Recruiter

10-05-2010

Didn't work for me. :\

Leeessang

10-05-2010

It works. :d