Playing since beta, still don't understand

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dryad Soraka

11-08-2012

b..e...c..a...u..s..e... ...y....o....u....r...e.....s...i..l..e.n..e..c..e .d.???

that's what silence does

???hello
are you new

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

iirc the lore at one point stated that a champion in league contains that amalgamated mind of both the champion and summoner put into one body, so if that body gets silenced then neither would be able to cast.

Okame SRK

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
Summoners and Champs share a link, right? When our champ gets silenced, we get silenced.

BOOM, made up lore to answer a question. But seriously, I'm pretty sure cleanse still works while silenced. You can always run that more. Just cleanse then flash and you're fine
Good to know that when I get Ignited my summoner bursts into flames.

50 Fists of Vi

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
It didn't in early Beta. But, if I remember correctly, we made the change because of balance issues, particuarly with Flash. It is one of those situations where balance doesnt quite jive with the lore, but I dont think we thought it was that big of a deal.

This is just what I remember though, it was a while ago so my memory might be a bit flawed
Shush you, go back into teh dungeon!

BeeGod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

For lore's sake, you can just think that our spells as summoners are "something" we tell the champion to do, not something we throw at them. If the champion is not able to acquire our command, he just won't do it

Also, after I learned cleanse do not work on suppress(especially on Skarner's ult), I just don't get it any more(unless I'm Trynda, because, you know, everybody ignites Trynda. He should have a burning skin or something).

Corefish

11-08-2012

I've always wondered why the CHAMPION has to go around the MINIONS.

Like... You're minions. Move out of the champions ****ing way!

Beaumains

11-08-2012

Regarding the OP, firstly I think only certain spells are blocked by silence and other CC (notably Flash), though I agree with your sentiment that only suppression should block summoner spells (and frankly should block everything but QSS and Alistar's ult). This is why you take Cleanse on Ezreal rather than Flash; a stunned/silenced/rooted Ezreal can't flash away, unless he Cleanses out of it. I'm also not a big fan of roots blocking flashes - the flash should follow through, but the root should travel with (or not).

D3ADLYtomahawk

06-07-2013

Flash is awesome

Silvereagle11

06-07-2013

You could think of it like this, silence acts on the brain of a champion/summoner, rendering them unable to use high level functions such as skills, thoughts, and other things...

Or you can just play the game.

And eat pie!