Playing since beta, still don't understand

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PK Brainfreeze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatsu View Post
love when silence blocks things like shooting a gun or throwing a knife. Not everybody has to scream karate phrases to do such actions.
And that's where you're wrong! You obviously aren't living life to the fullest.

LEFT TURN HEYAHHHHH!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bambroo

Member

11-08-2012

by your logic you should be able to flash out of stuns, silences and everything basically.
it's not a coding issue it's a balance issue


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tejesh

Senior Member

11-08-2012

How come every gaming forum ever has threads about "real"?

Tower defense forums, this one, etc... you're playing a game where monkies shoot darts at evil (presumably) balloons. You're really going to question physics?

Or Leagues, you're playing a game where... there's a giant crystal arrow made of ice that can be somehow carried by this compartively tiny human, and he regular bow can shoot it without being broken. Or my main... a mini human carries a cannon bigger than she is. C'mon now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

11-08-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

It didn't in early Beta. But, if I remember correctly, we made the change because of balance issues, particuarly with Flash. It is one of those situations where balance doesnt quite jive with the lore, but I dont think we thought it was that big of a deal.

This is just what I remember though, it was a while ago so my memory might be a bit flawed


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DONGLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-08-2012

afaik the only summoner blocked by silence is flash. i know for a fact you can use ignite and exhaust while locked down by non-suppression hard CC, so i dont see why silence would stop them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

50West

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejesh View Post
How come every gaming forum ever has threads about "real"?

Tower defense forums, this one, etc... you're playing a game where monkies shoot darts at evil (presumably) balloons. You're really going to question physics?

Or Leagues, you're playing a game where... there's a giant crystal arrow made of ice that can be somehow carried by this compartively tiny human, and he regular bow can shoot it without being broken. Or my main... a mini human carries a cannon bigger than she is. C'mon now.
Excuse me, sir. You can't question the physics.

This is why I play Anivia: Other champs on ground and bird in air. HOW DOES HIT??


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tejesh

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
It didn't in early Beta. But, if I remember correctly, we made the change because of balance issues, particuarly with Flash. It is one of those situations where balance doesnt quite jive with the lore, but I dont think we thought it was that big of a deal.

This is just what I remember though, it was a while ago so my memory might be a bit flawed
Hi. I love Tristana, therefore, I love you <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delimon

Senior Member

11-08-2012

I think that it's just balancing too. I don't mind it too much since I use ignite and teleport pretty much every game anyway. . . ignite at the start of a battle. And trying to teleport somewhere while fighting is just troll. . . that gives me an idea heh heh.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Biracialmage

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajib View Post
While this would rationalize my qualm, In the trailer for the video it seems that is not that case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzMnCv_lPxI Starting at 0:18
About 45 seconds. Kayle gets hit, and the summoner staggers, too. So it's enough of a link between champion and summoner to get away with the silence affecting flash and such from a lore perspective. What still bugs me, though, is that I cannot chug red sodas while silenced. I'm pretty sure being silenced shouldn't stop me from using my hands and arms to drink some pop.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BADAR5E GAM3R

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
It didn't in early Beta. But, if I remember correctly, we made the change because of balance issues, particuarly with Flash. It is one of those situations where balance doesnt quite jive with the lore, but I dont think we thought it was that big of a deal.

This is just what I remember though, it was a while ago so my memory might be a bit flawed
Balance? if they flash out because I silence them I'm happy they got away; they have no flash for the next team fight.