Playing since beta, still don't understand

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PK Brainfreeze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatsu View Post
love when silence blocks things like shooting a gun or throwing a knife. Not everybody has to scream karate phrases to do such actions.
And that's where you're wrong! You obviously aren't living life to the fullest.

LEFT TURN HEYAHHHHH!!

bambroo

11-08-2012

by your logic you should be able to flash out of stuns, silences and everything basically.
it's not a coding issue it's a balance issue

Tejesh

11-08-2012

How come every gaming forum ever has threads about "real"?

Tower defense forums, this one, etc... you're playing a game where monkies shoot darts at evil (presumably) balloons. You're really going to question physics?

Or Leagues, you're playing a game where... there's a giant crystal arrow made of ice that can be somehow carried by this compartively tiny human, and he regular bow can shoot it without being broken. Or my main... a mini human carries a cannon bigger than she is. C'mon now.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

11-08-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

It didn't in early Beta. But, if I remember correctly, we made the change because of balance issues, particuarly with Flash. It is one of those situations where balance doesnt quite jive with the lore, but I dont think we thought it was that big of a deal.

This is just what I remember though, it was a while ago so my memory might be a bit flawed

DONGLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

afaik the only summoner blocked by silence is flash. i know for a fact you can use ignite and exhaust while locked down by non-suppression hard CC, so i dont see why silence would stop them.

50West

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejesh View Post
How come every gaming forum ever has threads about "real"?

Tower defense forums, this one, etc... you're playing a game where monkies shoot darts at evil (presumably) balloons. You're really going to question physics?

Or Leagues, you're playing a game where... there's a giant crystal arrow made of ice that can be somehow carried by this compartively tiny human, and he regular bow can shoot it without being broken. Or my main... a mini human carries a cannon bigger than she is. C'mon now.
Excuse me, sir. You can't question the physics.

This is why I play Anivia: Other champs on ground and bird in air. HOW DOES HIT??

Tejesh

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
It didn't in early Beta. But, if I remember correctly, we made the change because of balance issues, particuarly with Flash. It is one of those situations where balance doesnt quite jive with the lore, but I dont think we thought it was that big of a deal.

This is just what I remember though, it was a while ago so my memory might be a bit flawed
Hi. I love Tristana, therefore, I love you <3

Delimon

11-08-2012

I think that it's just balancing too. I don't mind it too much since I use ignite and teleport pretty much every game anyway. . . ignite at the start of a battle. And trying to teleport somewhere while fighting is just troll. . . that gives me an idea heh heh.

Biracialmage

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajib View Post
While this would rationalize my qualm, In the trailer for the video it seems that is not that case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzMnCv_lPxI Starting at 0:18
About 45 seconds. Kayle gets hit, and the summoner staggers, too. So it's enough of a link between champion and summoner to get away with the silence affecting flash and such from a lore perspective. What still bugs me, though, is that I cannot chug red sodas while silenced. I'm pretty sure being silenced shouldn't stop me from using my hands and arms to drink some pop.

BADAR5E GAM3R

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post

Balance? if they flash out because I silence them I'm happy they got away; they have no flash for the next team fight.