"We can't just flip a switch and turn on ranked..."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustAGhost

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Actually no, you and everyone else was explicitly told that Dominion ranked would need a bunch of work to set up.
I see you didn't get the memo.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1301724

The Fizznity

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniaGhost View Post
Pretty sure there was a more recent post stating that they did actually have work to do, but I can't find it right now :<

In any case, that still doesn't deal ith the fact that there are queues that aren't used in the first place, why would they add more?

HaIfhearted

11-08-2012

Well, when the Technical Designer says the stuff is ready to go, I think that's pretty trustworthy.

FDru

11-08-2012

Quote:
Pretty sure there was a more recent post stating that they did actually have work to do, but I can't find it right now :<

In any case, that still doesn't deal ith the fact that there are queues that aren't used in the first place, why would they add more?
Ranked would probably be more popular than Draft, if only for the fact that there's rewards for it. A lot of players only do ranked TT for the same reason. They might even migrate to Dominion for quicker games.

Also, I assume if there was a ranked queue they would simply disable the normal draft queue. It doesn't make any sense to have both with the small population.

Phourc

11-09-2012

Quote:
It's entirely possible Brackhar was wrong about ranked being ready for 'a flip of the switch' but if that were the case, someone should have said so - and no, an ENTIRE YEAR LATER just doesn't count.

Not blaming anyone in particular - until we got Nome we literally had no one as a 'dominion guy' - but just another example of how mismanaged Dominion PR was/kinda still is post-launch.